1. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Any dead space in a breathing pathway can and will cause a certain degree of CO2 build up. You are rebreathing more of the gas you just exhaled from your lungs. There is always a small amount from your own airway. Put a mask on it is not even debatable you will rebreath more of the co2 you exhaled than with out.
    Long term exposure can have a negative impact on your blood chemistry, actually decreases the O2 getting to the brain. How much depends on the individual, the mask, their activities and the persons health. Ironic there has been a push in recent years to improve the air quality of work spaces by circulating more air to lower the levels of CO2 and now levels that are high enough to cause headaches and anxiety are of no concern. Agree with mandatory mask or not it’s pretty disingenuous to pretend the they have no affect on CO2 levels in the individuals using them.
    How come we allow TB carriers to mingle unmolested? People would be surprised how many carry that germ silently for years passing it on. Personally I would rather not get TB but that’s just me I guess.
    Just under 600000 have died worldwide from covid19. In 2017 1.6 million died from TB worldwide. TB kills an average of 4400 people everyday, year after year after year.
    What’s the point? Perspective, COVID is real it claims lives but it is being used to achieve political ends. They are doing a good job of it too.

2. PRR1957

PRR1957 Well-Known Member

Der Governing Fuhrer Kraken Whitless has singed another edict, the mandatory wearing of a face mask when in a public store or in large groups outdoors. Whitless is milking this to the end.
    697BD7FD-0F86-4388-9041-B27A3FCC577B.jpeg

Also. Another lawsuit against Whitless has been filed by a MI Senator as a personal lawsuit in her restriction of reopening businesses in MI. This is killing MI’s economy and bankrupting business owner’s.

As an example. A young guy I have worked for with his home improvement construction company is about to file bankruptcy do to the six jobs he had lined up for this summer were all canceled by the home owner’s. His wife who managed a hair salon has been out of work since the shut down, and she just gave birth of their second child. Their bank is hounding them for their house and the lease on his business truck. But are Governor does not care. Her bills are paid and she and her family get to eat three meals a day.

3. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

IF the levels of CO2 are that high in the mask AND they have an effect, why aren't we seeing symptoms in the young man wearing the mask? Would any of us put our child to that risk?

It's a crock of hooey...

As far as freedom? Well, I guess if I was being forced to wear one I might feel that way. We buried my Father-in-law on Marc 17th and I started wearing a mask that day. If we remember, that's when "they" were saying masks did no good.

They're politicians and worse than that, demofascist politicians...which is synonomous with liar.

4. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

From the beginning this pandemic was steered towards making it a political issue instead of being what it simply is, a health issue. The same people that think wearing a mask is a crock of crap are the same ones that will get others infected and if they get infected they are the same one that will immediately run to the hospital for care.

5. Smoke

Smoke Well-Known Member

Only if worn on the chin. LOL

6. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The video is meaningless as far as I am concerned. What is important, as far as I can determine, is your blood's O2 saturation. I wear a mask during my 12 hour shifts. I have randomly check my blood O2 sats during a few of those shifts. There has been no change at any time. And, I don't consider this a scientific study but it relieved me of some concerns.
    If many of you had people walking up and coughing in your face or sneezing uncovered, you might have a different perspective.

7. Empty_Holster

Empty_Holster Well-Known Member Supporting Member

WOW, I simply stated what I had watched on a video. I KNOW nothing......... BYE

8. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

Yes, in America 2020 if you have a potential opposing viewpoint or even a simple question of the almighty mainstream media/government complex, you're labeled "ignorant".

9. Diamondback

Diamondback Well-Known Member

Yeah, we do. But you are not supposed to be rebreathing the exhaled CO2. Did you pay attention to the concentration levels inside the mask? If the building you were in had levels that high the building would be evacuated for peoples safety. With the CO2 levels that high the masks represent a health hazard for the wearer.

ral357 and CCHolderinMaine like this.
  10. CCHolderinMaine

That I think is part of the point.
    Most of us don't.
    4 months ago people walked around coughing and sneezing without masks, and what they were coughing and sneezing was often far more dangerous than Covid.
    People are reacting to "wear a mask" "masks don't help" "wear a mask if you go to church" "you don't need a mask if you're protesting" etc..
    These aren't "internet conspiracy" folk's ideas. These concepts come from the government officials who claim their only concern is our health.
    When they contradict themselves, folks doubt their motives, then it becomes a free for all.
    Had to keep politics out of healthcare, but we didn't, now everybody's motives are in question.
    My wife is a nurse, she wears a mask 12 hours at a time...but she and the other nurses can't. They take regular breaks, sans mask, to relieve groggyness and headaches.
    When I go out, I wear a mask, it's not hard. I do reserve the right to question the motives of folks who order me to wear one under penalty of law.

11. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

The Scottish Government has mandated that everyone needs to wear a "face covering", widely interpreted as face mask in stores. People with medical problems and children under 10 are exempt. I've considered clear plastic face shields; may get or make one to try it out. I have face masks that I'll put on to comply with the law.

Just for fun, I was kind of looking for a mask like "The Scream"

upload_2020-7-12_16-43-19.png
    Or maybe something from The Silence Of The Lambs but I think I'll pass, nor will I try for Hannibal Lecter' mask.

I don't like masks because they dehumanize people. I understand the reason for them, but they keep me from seeing people's faces. How many times have people complained that nobody smiled at them today?

It feels like wearing a mask impedes my breathing somewhat; maybe I'll get used to wearing one while I'm in stores or on public transport or on planes or the ferry.

O2 sat is the important measurement which the videos ignored totally, and I think is a more reliable measurement than sticking a tube up by someone's mouth.

This is one of those "watch this spot for further developments" kind of thing. I have read of one instance where someone passed out wearing a mask while driving and crashed into a tree.

12. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

Wearing a mask and stayng six feet apart dosen't sound like much.
    Dose it help with covid ? I don't know. But I live in a town of just under one million people and most of us practice the wearing of the mask ect. The results are NO new cases in eleven days. That should tell you something.

jwdurf, howlnmad, gvw3 and 3 others like this.
  13. CCHolderinMaine

No, not really.
    No controls at all. Unlimited variables.

shootbrownelk likes this.
  14. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The controversy over wearing masks has nothing to do with health. It has everything to do with peoples attitudes. Those who refuse to wear them are saying that they don't give a whit if they infect the entire population as long as they are doing their own thing. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly they play their Constitutional Rights card, completely ignoring everyone else's Rights.

ms6852, gvw3 and Alaska444 like this.
  15. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

At least there is a vaccine for TB. But there has recently been an increase in TB cases simply because parents are refusing to get there children vaccinated due to the possible side affects that three in 10000 may get. These same parents are putting their children at risk without the vaccine and making it possible for them to get sick or infect other children in the schools.

Not been able to see someone's faces because of the mask is actually an improvement. Some people including myself should wear masks all the time.

grcsat, gvw3 and BlackEagle like this.