The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this Webley for over 25 years and have never fired it. It is marked 77 on on metal above cylinder.
One cylinder is 45 acp and the other is 455 . On the left side above the trigger is Webley Mark VI patents 1916
Bluing is about 90%. One Cylinder has some very light pitting . Serial number on front of trigger guard 325234

I would like ideas on value and where to put it up for sale.
P1110041.JPG
P1110042.JPG

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have no idea of the value, but if you stick around and gather up 25 posts you can put it in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" forum on this site. If you live in Texas, I would be interested. I would like to see better pictures of any markings that happen to be on it and possibly the bore. Has it been reblued?

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
Very nice revolver! I have a soft spot for those old Weblys - but I've never had the chance to buy one. They are a true classic, and the caliber of .455 isn't bad - but you also have a .45 ACP cylinder? Wow. I sold off my collection of firearms - but if I knew you and lived near-by I'd rip my pants pocket getting my wallet out. Sorry I can't help with the current value.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Nice one . A Webley still in .455 is more valuable then one that's been shaved to use 45 apc brass and I have never seen one with both cylinders before !!! Will take some research for sure . If you don't sell it don't fire regular 45 apc in it . Their wat to hot . They fit yes but need to be with reduced load cause of the age it came from . Was not made for the higher pressure of it . Sorry that's all I can tell you .

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Just saw a Webley still in 455 go for $900 on Proxi . It of course didn't come with a extra cylinder of any type . Use to that was about one that was converted to 45 apc would go for . 455 normally would run a bit more .

·
Registered
1 Posts
You say it is marked 77 on the side of the top strap, it may be a 17 meaning put into British military service in 1917. I see the arrow just to the right , which is the into British service arrow. Made in 1916 , into service 1917. The opposing arrows on the barrel in front of the cylinder are the sold out of service marks. Do the serial numbers on the barrel , frame and the uncut cylinder match? That would make it worth a little more. Also there are no extra proof marks for exporting. These are marked. 455 - .760 6 tons , and England. The ones without these marks are more desirable. The grips are not original, they would be black vulcanized rubber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts