1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RobC in Missouri
V.I.P. Member
(1/1/02 11:31:58 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All $1000 Webleys?!?!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forgive me if this has been posted here before, but:

WWW.*********.COM/auction...em=2774668

This is for your standard Webley Mk. IV .38 revolver, 5" barrel, matching, no import marks. Current bid is in excess of $1000!!!!

I got one of these in identical condition, down to the no import marks, no safety mod, and matching numbers. What do you think - can I get a grand out of mine?

Wanna bet the high bidder reneges?

RobC in Missouri

AntiqueDr
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(1/2/02 12:00:19 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: $1000 Webleys?!?!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks to me like a standard wartime-contract Webley Mark IV. There ARE collectible Webleys that bring well over $1000, but I wouldnt think that's one of them.

How come this never happens to me?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
www.apaxenterprises.com

Xracer
(1/2/02 9:06:29 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: $1000 Webleys?!?!
I've got a Webley Mk. VI (.455)....except it's not a Webley, it's an Enfield. Gee, maybe I can retire....wait a minute, I AM retired!

BTW, Doc.....do you know of any way I can determine the date of manufacture from the serial # on this big lump of iron?

LIKTOSHOOT
(1/2/02 9:21:32 am)
Talk about tooling marks......man!

Zigzag2
(1/2/02 9:32:12 am)
Not that I'm cynical, but sometimes I wonder if there is some "ghost" bidding going on?

AntiqueDr
(1/2/02 11:23:52 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: $1000 Webleys?!?!
X, I believe so - or close anyway. Need all the markings on the pistol, though.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts