The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Speaking of screwheads, the one with the broad slot to the left of the "Webley Mark VI Patents 1917" stamp is what is called a coin-slotted screw. It is wide enough to be turned with a variety of then-common British coins (a penny, a sixpence, a shilling, etc.).

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, "If you're not offered at least $1K for the rig (revolver and holster), walk away."

Personally, I'd stick at $1200.00, or more, if I wasn't too keen on disposing of it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Popeye for the comeback..I am a little late, but was under the weather for a few days...That price would be a little high up here I think..I have a fellow here that moves some of my stuff, but he gets his share of $$$. Roy

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
What is the function of the brass looking piece, middle edge of the holster?
That brass thing went into a hole in an officers sambrown belt to keep the holster in place.

BTW, many proper officers bought all of their leather kit from the same outfiter so that the shade of each item such as the boots, belt, holster, cart. pouch, cross straps, etc. would all match.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is A picture of the back side..as I recall WWI Officers did carry them across their front on belt. The pistol and holster did not come together..would make a nice story..Pistol did come from an English gentleman here on the Island..(He claimed it was his while in the Army) This from the man settling his estate...mine now over some 20 some years .

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.