The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT at the Range, anyone else watching ? I even like the commercials.

Who else would like to have a beer with Larry Potterfield ?

....... edit add, similar lineup on Thursday on SPCHN. The Sportsman's Channel.

·
Super Moderator
42,021 Posts
Never heard of it - what channel?

·
Super Moderator
28,588 Posts
What in the world is it about? Food?
If it's not, I'm going to delete it.

·
Premium Member
20,091 Posts
I never miss it. On right now. This should be in general firearms of some other group.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What in the world is it about? Food?
If it's not, I'm going to delete it.
Maybe move to another forum ?

I was going to ask about favorite TV snacks next.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great show. Spencer vs Henry ? (I still love the look of those Henrys in ANY caliber.)

·
Premium Member
20,091 Posts
I watch the gun shows on Wednesday and Thursday. Outdoor channel and Sportman channel. Seems to me that barrel on the Henery would get hot and hard to hold after a lot of rounds. I am not sure as I have never fired one.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe move to another forum ?

I was going to ask about favorite TV snacks next.
When you're watching a movie or all night for example WEDNESDAY NIGHT at the Range what is/are your favorite snacks and beverages ?

Popcorn, chips, pretzels, cookies, ice cream or any other (no wrong answers here) ?
Pop, coffee, beer, mixed beverages, other ?

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All of the above until my last blood test. Now none of the above.
I check my vitals every morning now since the end of 2019 including my FBS and try to keep everything in check....... with nurse Nancy too. Healthy breakfast or brunch good dinner.

Night snacks when I'm in the kitchen watching a ball game I like popcorn and diet Coke in a big mug of ice.

In family room I like the fat free butter tasting pretzels they are about 17 for 100+ calories with sugar free Canada Dry ginger ale -or- diet Coke.

My downfall is a big bag of Lay's Original potato chips..... we've substituted 1 or 2 of the 1 oz bags 100-120 calories each.

NO DONUTS, occasionally a pack of two of Reese's cups. I run a low sodium and need protein and need to gain some weight, carefully.

·
Garandaholic
9,548 Posts
WEDNESDAY NIGHT at the Range, anyone else watching ? I even like the commercials.

Who else would like to have a beer with Larry Potterfield ?
I used to watch that, then it disappeared. Figured it was a woke casualty. Glad to hear it's still exists.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is a downside to cutting the cable. 😬
That's something we have debated for awhile now. In anything you have to figure what you want and what is it worth to you.

Many people went out on the streaming kick and NETFLIX, HULU or whatever combination you want and at what price.
I like my cable's service it always has been good. I like the phone service we saved $90/mo dumping ATT right there. I like their internet. We like HBO, SHOWTIME, and more so we got the whole package. I like the basic cable plus the 400 package (watching Smithsonian now) local is all there. Most sports so we're staying with cable.

And the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.... until you get there and look back. :)

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
In case anyone is new to Wednesday night at the range here's the lineup.

7:00 PM - 2:00 AM ET
Get the latest in guns and gear, famous firearms of the past, shooting tips, competition, and self-defense strategies. The night features a full hour of "Shooting USA", hosted by the authoritative reporting team of Jim and John Scoutten.

The Shows
7:00 PM
Gun Stories
7:30 PMShooting Gallery
8:00 PMGuns & Ammo
8:30 PMAmerican Rifleman
9:00 PMShooting USA
10:00 PMGun Stories
10:30 PMShooting Gallery
11:00 PMGuns & Ammo
11:30 PMAmerican Rifleman
12:00 AMShooting USA
1:00 AMGun Stories
1:30 AMShooting Gallery.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
“And the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.... until you get there and look back”

Reminds me of a sign posted in a old BBQ joint that showed a fence post where the wire from 4 different pastures came togeather and there were 4 cows there. One in each
pasture, with their heads under the fence eating on the other side.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 22 Posts