The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
Handguns, 223/5.56, 7.62 x 39 and 6.5 Grendel all get dropped charges from my Harrells Schuetzen / Pistol Measure, very accurate up to about 30gr depending on the powder.

For may larger Hunting rifles, I drop and weigh the charge using the Lyman 1200 dispenser. While the charge is being dropped and metered I am seating the bullet on another case. Goes fairly fast and making making small adjustments is as simple as entering the desired charge on the keyboard.

I also have a larger RCBS powder measure, but it pretty much just hangs on the wall.
I have and use this same machine and have ever since it came out. It's a great tool and I speed the process up by using an old Lee scoop kit to partially fill the scale pan before dispensing. That way I can charge a case every ten or fifteen seconds. It sure does shorten the time to charge fifty cases of big magnum stuff.

· Registered
603 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
Mine came with a new trickle tube and had the plastic insert in it as well. It made no difference. I assumed that due to the vintage (mine was very early) it had a different trickle cycle that simply would not allow it to dispense right to my input. It always went over by .2 to .3 grains. With a scoop in the pan and my old hopper I am just fine with my setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.