Welcome To Idaho

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by Guest, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Indybear57
    (8/27/01 12:47:48 pm)
    | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Welcome To Idaho
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Idaho Tourism Council Bulletin: This list of rules will be handed to each person as they enter the state:

(1) It's called a 'gravel road.' No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your SUV. I have a four-wheel drive because I need it. Drive yours or get it out of the way.

(2) That slope-shouldered farm boy did more work before breakfast than you'll do all week at the gym. He doesn't need your respect, but he sure as hell deserves it.

(3) We all started hunting and fishing when we were nine years old. Yeah, we saw Bambi. We got over it.

(4) Any references to "corn fed" when talking about our women will get your BUTT kicked...by our women.

(5) Go ahead and bring your $600 Orvis Fly Rod. Don't cry to us if a flathead breaks it off at the handle. We have a name for that little 13-inch trout you fish for...bait.

(6) If that cell phone rings while a bunch of mallards are making their final approach, we will shoot it. You might hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

(7) That's right. Whiskey is only two bucks. We can buy a fifth for what you paid in the airport for that little bitty bottle.

( You bring Coke into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice.

(9) So you have a sixty thousand dollar car. We're real impressed. We have a quarter of a million dollar combine that we drive two weeks a year.

(10) Let's get this straight. We have one stoplight in town. We stop when it's red. We may even stop when it's yellow.

(11) Our women hunt, fish, and drive trucks--because they want to. So, you're a feminist. Isn't that cute.

(12) They're pigs. That's what they smell like. Get use to it. Don't like it? Interstate 84 goes two ways-93 goes the other two. Pick one.

(13) So, every person in every pick-up waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

(14) We use oil for cookin', roads, stopping squeaks and our hair on Saturday nights. Don't waste it on your arms and face. Get outside more and nature will take care of that "golden-glow" you've been paying 20 bucks a pop for at the tanning salon.

(15) Now, enjoy your visit. But don't forget to leave.

Edited by: Indybear57 at: 8/28/01 3:59:59 pm

oneknight
    (8/27/01 1:17:52 pm)
    | Del Re: Welcome To Idaho
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Indy, don't believe I ever read anything so cute!
    Rates right up there with Southern Hospitality, I reckon!!!!

LOL!

mt pari
    (8/27/01 5:57:53 pm)
    Idaho is our neighbor..we might go one step further being we're a bit farther north...What's funny is most all of it is the truth in the rural areas still..The city folks are mostly transplants though..(there are roughin' it, going back to nature and all)

Another thing I might add is:
    Environmentalists: Welcome to Montana/Idaho please park your car at the border and walk in.

(A sign placed in a few small town businesses)

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/28/01 3:48:03 pm)
    great post Indybear!
    As another neighbor to that great state, let me echo Mt Pari's comments,,
    Like Idaho and Montana, we get a lot of "city folk" types that come up here for the solitude, physical beauty, clean air, and outdoor life. And the first thing they want to do??? Pave the roads, crank up the music (rap=music???), hug the trees, stop all hunting, ban all fishing, tear down the dams, build more malls, toss liter all over the countryside, and take away our guns!!!

(I guess this should be on Tacs other page)

sorry,,got carried away,,,,

Stan H,,, nighthawk

mt pari
    (8/29/01 12:23:05 am)
    Right on Stan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You said it well..