Well here we go again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FreedomAndForgiven, Jan 4, 2017.

1. FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven Well-Known Member

It's that time again. I go in for my spinal injections at 10:20 this morning. On the upside the really help me get my life back, and I don't have back pain, except for the first couple days after the injections. For the first 24 hours I'm not supposed to lift over 10 pounds. Man the first 2 days or so it's pure pain to try and walk or move in general because the injection sight, and where they go into my spine on my lower back along with my right hip hurt like no tomorrow. My normal back pain is gone, but man those first couple days suck. The only thing I can really even do is just sit in a chair because oddly enough that makes my back hurt less then laying down.

2. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that. Nobody looks forward to pain. I hope they kick in fast and you get some relief

3. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Grace and Peace to you as you get your treatment.

4. Skipper

Skipper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I know the feeling. I took those injections for 3 years. Had to have an electronic blocker implanted in July. Doesn't work worth a da**, but the doc at UCLA got a new Mercedes.

firefighter1635 likes this.
  5. FreedomAndForgiven

They normally receive my back issues within a matter of minutes, but it's actually where they do the injections that hurts like the Dickens afterwards

Yup that's how I ended up with a VNS implant for my seizures the doctor was getting kick backs on each one he had put in, and come to find out when they replaced it last time they said I was never even a candidate to get one, but since it helped me recover from my seizures faster they were replacing it. My new doctor decided not to replace it since it died, but they can't take it out because the first surgeon butchered my neck so bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  6. FreedomAndForgiven

Things went a little different at the doctor for my procedure. My neck has started getting worse, and my right shoulder is getting bad again so when I went in for my spinal injections there was a change of plan. I ended up getting 3 spinal injections, and 24 trigger point injections around my right shoulder blade, right shoulder, and right side of my neck. Thank goodness I didn't get my botox injections for my migraines yesterday because that would have been another 30 injections in my face, head and neck. I feel like a pin cushion today, and I'm dang sore from all the extra injections.

7. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

image.jpeg

Did you look like this?

ms6852 and FreedomAndForgiven like this.