The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've pulled the trigger (pun intended) on getting a Savage Axis in .223 Rem, in a left handed version. I had to order it of course, since everyone knows that no South paw ever walks into a Local Gun Shop and wants to buy something off the rack. :rolleyes: Anyway it should be here by Friday the 1st. Now I need to decide whether to use one of my old scopes, or go for a newer higher power model. This will be my main target and Coyote/Varmint rifle.

As much as I would love to believe that I'm immune to all this panic buying and so on, it did influence my purchasing my new rifle. I've been watching the number of these rifles in stock from the supplier drop, and the cost of the new stock coming in go up, so I decided to bite the bullet (weak pun) and purchase it about three months earlier then I really wanted to.

Hopefully when (and if) this stinking weather breaks here I can get to the range and do a proper range report and evaluation. But, either way I'm pumped about getting the first "New" firearm I've got in probably at least ten years. I hope it's a good one.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
That is going to be an accurate rifle. I have looked at those and I would be excited to have one for coyoye espesially. Range report and pics. Good buy there!!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Congrats! I have an Axis in .223 as well. The scope I got for it is a Redfield Revolution 4-12x40mm. Sadly it's too short to use the regular base mounts I bought, so I had to get a EGW picatinny full length rail mount.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I just sold one in .243 to a customer. It seems to be a well put together rifle; first time I've handled one and it was a special order too.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Oh soooo nice. For sure range report on it. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm gonna be in the market soon for a nice .223 bolt gun. Well, soon being when everyone stops freaking out and buying ALL OF THE .223. >_> Anyway, I eagerly await your impressions of the gun. ^_^

·
Registered
317 Posts
My local gun shop refuses to raise prices, their cost hasn't gone up so they pass that on to their customers. And that gun should be a fine shooter.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I've been tracking my rifle on the computer, and it is getting close. It's kind of frustrating, its only 50 miles away and I can't go get it. If all goes well I should be able to pick it up tomorrow evening. But, the way the weather is shaping up, it may be a month before I can do a proper range session with it, I hope not, but it may be that long. The really aggravating part is... in order to deliver the rifle to my Local Gun Shop, where I have to go pick it up, the truck my rifle will be on, will most likely go right past my house. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've been tracking my rifle on the computer, and it is getting close. It's kind of frustrating, its only 50 miles away and I can't go get it. If all goes well I should be able to pick it up tomorrow evening. But, the way the weather is shaping up, it may be a month before I can do a proper range session with it, I hope not, but it may be that long. The really aggravating part is... in order to deliver the rifle to my Local Gun Shop, where I have to go pick it up, the truck my rifle will be on, will most likely go right past my house. :banghead:
I know that feeling. Being in California, I had the 10 day waiting period.... Didn't have a chance to go fill out DROS for a day or two, then finally did, by the time the rifle showed up to my local pawn shop, I had to wait just 1 more day :)

Those postal tracking codes make me soooo impatient.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts