well my project is finally done ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

gpostal
    (10/20/01 9:06:55 pm)
    | Edit | Del All well my project is finally done
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ,as you can see in the first pic we had a large pine tree that was leaning towards the house , the tree was 96foot six inches tall,limbs would fall off in the winter and from that height they were to dangerous for the kids some limbs weighed more than one hundred pounds and would burry themselves deep into the ground when they fell ,so I had it cut down and cut up I got two thousand board feet out of the tree , just wish it was oak

from here {notice the idiot in the white van that ignored the road block and drove by anyway , just missed him }

to here, this is less than half of the wood stack was over six feet tall i moved and sorted it

to here

it took me awhile because all I have is hand tools ,and all joints are dado and doweled {no screws} heavy and solid as a rock ,this is my first wood project stands 80"tall holds twenty three guns even the bullpups

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/20/01 9:18:40 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: well my project is finally done
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Very nice. I am jealous. Must have took a lot of time and patience. Does it have a light? Probably don't need one with all the glass.

If ya got any wood left can ya carve me a toothpick. Got something stuck in my tooth.

Just went back and looked again. WOW on the woodgrain and stain. Looks better than any pine I have seen.
    Don't mind me, I am a blithering idiot:)

Edited by: warpig883 at: 10/20/01 10:26:30 pm

AGunguy
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/20/01 9:18:44 pm)
    You have a good talent for wood working, Postal. A real craftsman.

Gunguy

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/20/01 9:34:37 pm)
    Very Nice GP!! I noticed the grain the first time thru!! LOL!

kdubaz
    (10/20/01 9:42:41 pm)
    What kin I say, Cuz - I'm speechless!!

Fer an ol' Missouri mule plow boy, ya dun good! Shore wish I had jist half that there talent. Ever time I saws a board, either the line is crooked, or the cut's mitered! If'n I got one o' them newfangled powered thingys, prolly jist cut my fangers and other digits clean off!

Congrats on a terrific job, Postal!
    Keep below the ridgeline!

gpostal
    (10/20/01 10:44:46 pm)
    thanks guys only cost me one finger {not really}

wpig as soon as I find the right light I will put one in ,when I said hand tool some of them did have power ,router,belt sander,drill ,circular saw,{wish I had a table saw} I had the wood cut up with one of those fancy band saws and it did give a smooth cut it was still a little ruff and I had to sand the crap out of it ,not like that stuff you by already planed ,when he cut it I had allot of the pieces mirrored to give that one piece look when joined ,and if you notice the pieces on top-bottom and middle are two inches thick ,and the bottom is really a drawer ,I have enough of the thick stuff left for a new desk and a nice wet-bar and book cases

I am making matching shadow boxes for some pistols and derringers I have ,then my next big project ,I got a small grandfather clock-works ,I am taking it and making the wife a curio cabinet with a clock in the middle

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/20/01 11:22:44 pm)
    WOW, Great work it is beoti.......beaut......booti........purdy!

Nice job.

tuckerd1
    (10/21/01 8:27:04 am)
    GP, I had a gun cabinet I made into a curio cabinet for the wife. I put in glass shelves and rope lights I bought from Lowes. It gave the interior a very nice effect for the what-nots and things she has.

Just place the light rope inside the front corners of the cabinet and drill thru the bottom to take the power cord out the cabinet.

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/21/01 8:29:48 am)
    After building that gorgeous cabinet, you're not gonna stick a bunch of old smelly Mo-Sin-Nag-Ants in there, is ye?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

needleace
    (10/21/01 8:34:29 am)
    Absolute beautiful peace of workmanship! Definitely some talent there to behold.

gun runner john
    (10/21/01 10:09:56 am)
    Sure more woodworking talent that I have! Very nice piece. I think the next large tulip poplar that has to come down on my property should be turned into lumber. It's pretty nice wood to work with, and this example inspires me.

TallTLynn
    (10/21/01 10:35:10 am)
    Very beautiful and you are definitely a very talented and patient man.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/21/01 12:12:12 pm)
    I have built everything from treestands(climbing) to tools to do a specific job because they were too expensive to buy at the store. So I can really appreciate the time and labor you have put into this cabinet, and let me say that I am very impressed to say the least. That cabinet is something to be proud of and not many actually hardly anyone anymore has the skills to attempt such a thing. Heck I'd bet money that most people could not even build a door for it. That cabinet is down right gorgeous !!! I love the way you used the same piece of wood to build the two lower doors plus the center stop. GREAT JOB !!!!

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here. Patrick Henry 1765

BlackGun
    (10/21/01 12:23:16 pm)
    Dan! Love the house. The roling hills, I bet your in hog heaven.
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Different name
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/21/01 12:43:59 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Whata Project!
    A piece of heaven(blissful happines)....
    Now, how much wood, would a wood chuck, chuck, etc etc etc.
    Looks like you just might qualify for a (Sunday afternoon fiurniture clearance sale!) Do ya ship prepaid?
    Im' marveled by carpentry/woodworking and your finesse!
    OH, where do you keep the Blue OX?
    Charlie D
    America is beautiful

shooter22
    (10/21/01 7:45:40 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Whata Project!
    Great looking cabinet Postal! That would look great here on the western part of the state. Say, in my living room.

Xracer
    (10/22/01 4:59:18 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Whata Project!
    Beautiful, Postal! Lovely workmanship!

Warpig......a REAL man uses his bayonet for a toothpick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.