The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and turned right back around and drove the 20 miles back to my home.

Lesson for the day, when you are testing loads on two rifles for accuracy, it helps if you take your target stand with you. :dontknow:

Normally I would just grab one from the range office but it was closed today. I'll try again tomorrow. sigh

·
Super Moderator
41,401 Posts
I know how you feel, I have driven 25 miles to the range only to find out that I left my ammo sitting in the garage. I plan on going to the range, myself, tomorrow.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
ouch - painful cost of gasoline

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm going to make up some sort of checklist and call it "Things I MUST take to the shooting range". Maybe then I will arrive completely prepared for a few hours shooting.

Or not. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have loaded up firearms,ammo,targets,spoting scope,cooler full of drinks/snacks. Got sidetracked and totted it all back in the house later in the day.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I made it out there today with everything I needed. Tested several reloads for my Weather Vanguard .223 and found one that gives me .4 MOA at 100 yards. Also tried sighting in my new series 582 Mini 14 and am not impressed. The best I could do with it was 7 MOA at 100 yards using a bench rest. I might just sell the thing and stick with my AR and it's 1.75 MOA using an Eotech.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
B747 - I sympathize with you on the scope issue. I'm ditching the scope on my Marlin 30/30. I'm going to use my Lee Enfield with it's trusty iron sights for hunting this year.

My eyes do still work and that nifty sight on the old Enfield adjusts to 1200 yards for bullet drop. I am simply going to trust it. That .303 round certainly packs a lot of punch and the rifle kicks like a mule - very satisfying when it goes bang.

Granted, when I get my AR built it could very well become my favorite rifle. Won't happen until Christmas I think - maybe sooner but my Enfield is my deer hunting rifle this year - no scope :)

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
35 miles to the range, left the bolts in the safe. At least we had the shotguns.

·
Registered
180 Posts
...and turned right back around and drove the 20 miles back to my home.

Lesson for the day, when you are testing loads on two rifles for accuracy, it helps if you take your target stand with you. :dontknow:

Normally I would just grab one from the range office but it was closed today. I'll try again tomorrow. sigh
I've made it clear out to the Tree Stand when Deer hunting only to realize I didn't have the arrows for my bow. :confused:

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
I feel for you guys! I shoot, and hunt from my yard. I can squeeze about 200 yards out of my range, but that's about all I have. If I forget anything I just go back in the house to get it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts