Went to my first Tea Party yesterday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smokey Lonesome, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Smokey Lonesome

Smokey Lonesome New Member

If you get an opportunity to take part, I strongly urge you do so. Talk about a great turnout, and a positive message to Washington!

Check out my BLOG, with the story, including -------> pics & slideshow

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. JetGirl

JetGirl Member

Thank you for participating and sharing it through your blog and photos!!

3. Smokey Lonesome

Smokey Lonesome New Member

You're very welcome, MissAnnThrope.

4. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

This is exactly what I experienced, to the "T" (tea? :) Wonderful experience for me, and I will do my best to make any others that are planned in our area.

Thanks for posting the account and the photos.

5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I attended one back in February, and the wife and I will attend a much larger one tomorrow. I look forward to it. In my opinion, this is the least we can do in the face of frankly treasonous government tactics as of late. Congratulations, and thank you for attending your first party! :D

6. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I went to my first one too last night! Had a wonderful time and it just felt great to be an American, even though we're all right wing extremists now...

I posted some of my pics over here.... http://thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=59189

and also on my facebook! :D

God Bless America!

7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I went to a TEA party in Mountain Home, Ar. yesterday. Drove 74 mi. one way on back roads crossed 3 creeks. Had a great time. Met a lot of people I've never seen before but not one stranger. Loved the signs. Made one of my own. A lot of ex-military, many well manered kids. The kids I talked to were well informed on the issues. Certainly better informed than my 2 Senators staff whom I called this A.M. "Miracle Money, what Miracle Money?" I reported on what I saw and heard. They must have heard about it on CNN. Sen. Prior was not popular, but Sen. Lincoln was despised. They had 3000 pink slips made up to send to the Congress critters and ran out after 1 and 1/2 hrs. Glad I retired up here a couple of years ago. When I got ready to leave, I saw no trash anywhere. Quite an improvement over the aftermath of the inaguration of Obama on the National Mall. The reporting on CNN and ABC was totaly inaccurate as usual. The reporters(?) were very hostile. I liked the one interviewing the gentleman holding the 2 year old. By the time she was finished she looked like a deer in the headlights just before the thud. The Fox reporting was like the TEA party I attended. My first political rally. Must do this again. Kept my wife, who was unable to travel, up past midnight talking about what I had seen and heard.

8. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

9. lockednloaded45

lockednloaded45 New Member

just wanted to say hi, you were only 30 miles from me at the rally, I'm in west plains mo . sounds like a great turnout)

10. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Welcome to the forum, lockednloaded....great group of folks here :)

11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

lockednloaded, welcome, I'm new here too. Located near Smithville (the one in the NE). 4Evr. is right. There had to be well in excess of 1000 people there at any one time. Lots of horn honking. Hope to see you at the July 4th tea party.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009