The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruger single six never shot revolver or unloaded or loaded one of the guys at the range helped me and i actually hit the bowling pins at 55 yards with no scope i was happy but by the time i shot the 40th round my hands were shaking from being tired.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would say BETH congrats nice job. You didn't say what caliber but that really doesnt matter great shooting. As for getting tired well that is the difference in revolver to auto loader cocking evey shot can get tireing but it will get easer. Remember BETH most revolvers have extra steel . And as stated you never shot a revolver befor . BETH your muscle memory well get stronger and have more endurance. Take heart lady you are far and away better than most everyone else men or women. Bowling pins at 55 yards very nice. Man how i love to see women on the range or in the woods.

bigdad5

·
TFF Chaplain
20,449 Posts
Good work, Beth. Sounds like it was fun. You just keep trying new things and going from strength to strength.

·
Banned
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was 22lr the guy that helped me shoots a high standard no scope and he is very good he looked at my left hand which had black on it and suggested another way to hold pistol he stayed there with me in case i needed help and he knew what he was talking about. I have to say that is one nice pistol i have a 22mag also that goes with it.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Wow Beth that is great shooting for the first time out with that Single Six. Bowling pin at 55 yards, "not too shabby". Keep it up and you will love that revolver.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree with todd51 . I have a few more questions what barrel lenght and i am guessing you have windage and elevation ajustments because you will need them when switching from LR to Magnums. Also did i ever get a suprise the first time i touched off a .220 mag round make sure your hearing protection is good you will need it.

bigdad5

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Great shootin Beth ! Pretty soon you'll be plinking golf balls at that range.

·
Banned
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do that with rifle i really don't think i could do that at 55 yards maybe i will try it???????

·
Registered
17,290 Posts
6 1/2". :D

·
Registered
17,290 Posts
You did shoot your 38, the other day, right?

Or am I having an attack of CRS?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Beth, have you ever heard of grammar & punctuation? It sure would be easier to read and understand what you write if you would throw in a few periods and capital letters, for example.

You're not texting in here.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Beth, have you ever heard of grammar & punctuation? It sure would be easier to read and understand what you write if you would throw in a few periods and capital letters, for example.

Beth, just pay qwiksdraw no nevermind..its not grammar and punctuation class here..we understood you juss fine!

Qwikdraw..ifin you cant stand to read this then you have the choice to not read any of it because we havent choose you to be our grammer teacher so quit bellaching about it!

·
Registered
17,290 Posts
sure would be nice if some newbie didnt take it upon himself to correct people thats been her since forever

Beth, just keep on the way you been.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dang qwiksdraw, i am about as new as you are but wow when you chide someone you hold no punches. LOL As a newbee myself like you are have some tact dude.
bigdad5

1 - 20 of 46 Posts