The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
The only reason I posted that video was because of all the cave drawings, temple carvings and the bringing to light of the description and mention of dragons in Scripture. It's like a missing piece of the puzzle that was found and added to what we are learning. Does that knowledge help me any in my walk? Probably not thought I'm glad you brought it up with the flood thread and added to what we all might know. It is reassuring to know that those nasty critters were still around but fading fast. It still leaves huge questions and gaps in knowledge but you could waste a lifetime chasing them if they distract you away from God's Plan for Man's Salvation.
How is confirming God's word distracting from God's Plan of Salvation? Jesus referred to Genesis several times as literally true. In today's day and age, those that reject the timeline of Genesis, as we saw a couple of posts above, is one of the greatest tools of the Devil to keep people from believing in His word. We are told to "occupy till I come" and in my avocation, exploring these issues is not at all a distraction to me. It is using my avocation to increase other's faith in the truth of God's word and my faith as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
IF they distract you away from God's Plan for Man's Salvation. IF.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Show me scientific proof that the Earth is only 6,000 years old. The Bible is NOT a science book.
Sir, you are so wrong, but just don't know it.

First, the most reliable record is the Bible itself that spells out about 6000 years of life on this earth. That is the testimony of Jesus Himself.

Second, the flood. If you refer to my prior thread on the flood, you can show conclusive evidence that there was a recent, worldwide flood.

Third, soft tissues in dinosaur bones including connective tissue, tissue cells still intact and intact RBCs. This is considered impossible for anything allegedly millions of years old. There are many scientists who understand the significance of these scientific findings that soft tissues in dinosaur fossilized bones are in fact an independent timeline that completely obliterates the old earth paradigm.

Fourth, the Bible documented correctly the reproductive cycle thousands of years before secular scientists figured it out.

Fifth, the Bible documented that the earth was a sphere nearly 3000 years ago in the book of Isaiah.

Sixth, the Bible documents the innate truth of modern atomic theory:
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Do you want me to document scientific articles on how atomic particles are made of things that are invisible. I can if you wish.)

Seventh, the Bible documented the name of the creature we call T. rex which means king of the terrible lizards. God called this creature, the king of the children of pride. In fact, it is pride that keeps some men from seeing the truth of the Bible. Peter documented the a time would come when men, such as yourself, would be scoffers, denying the Creation and the Flood.

II Peter 3:3 knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

There is absolutely no reason to doubt the Creation or the flood. To deny these things, you must be willingly ignorant of the abundance of evidence God left proving them to be true.

Let me add an Eighth. Peter also documented nearly 2000 years ago one of the predominant scientific theories of the children of pride who profess an old age of the earth. It was put forth about 200 years ago by James Hutton and is called Uniformitarianism. What does it mean? Exactly what Peter prophesied as their main objection:

II Peter 3:4 and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

So, the Bible documented nearly word for word two major scientific theories of the last couple hundred years that guide the worldview of the children of pride.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
IF they distract you away from God's Plan for Man's Salvation. IF.
How can showing the truth of God's word ever be in opposition to His word? Ever!!

In II Peter above, Peter stated you must be willingly ignorant of the creation and the flood which contains that truth in that statement that God has shown man these things. Paul tells us that directly in Romans:

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

For those who are lost and believe the old age earth theories, they will be held responsible for their sins for willingly ignoring the truth God showed Him of His creation and His flood.

No, these subjects are PART of Gods plan of salvation, very much so. We call it apologetics today and it is a very powerful part of the gospel message.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
First, I'm in no way referring to you in any way.

If a person spends all his time chasing after the questions with no answers like who did Cain and Abel marry if they were the first children of the creation and they never get around to understanding the Gospel and living it, then you were distracted away from the Salvation message and teachings. Paul warns about those who get into endless discussions of genealogies.......1 Timothy 1:,

1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope,

2To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

3As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, 4nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith. 5But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, 7wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions.

Now I realize Paul is talking about false teachings here but a person can do the same thing with studying Scripture, but never coming to know Jesus, never receiving the Holy Spirit, never being led by the Spirit but being full of knowledge. Knowledge alone is not salvation. But when Christ begins to undo the works of Satan within us when we come to faith and reliance in Him, then salvation becomes a reality, not just something we read about.

John 5, 39“You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. 41“I do not receive glory from men; 42but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. 43“I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. 44“How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God? 45“Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. 46“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. 47“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

That is what I mean by if. If you never find Jesus and if He can say, "I never knew you", then you searched the Scriptures or religiously went to churches but never entered into God's Plan for Man's Salvation; you never were in Christ.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
First, I'm in no way referring to you in any way.

If a person spends all his time chasing after the questions with no answers like who did Cain and Abel marry if they were the first children of the creation and they never get around to understanding the Gospel and living it, then you were distracted away from the Salvation message and teachings. Paul warns about those who get into endless discussions of genealogies.......1 Timothy 1:,

1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope,

2To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

3As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, 4nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith. 5But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, 7wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions.

Now I realize Paul is talking about false teachings here but a person can do the same thing with studying Scripture, but never coming to know Jesus, never receiving the Holy Spirit, never being led by the Spirit but being full of knowledge. Knowledge alone is not salvation. But when Christ begins to undo the works of Satan within us when we come to faith and reliance in Him, then salvation becomes a reality, not just something we read about.

John 5, 39“You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. 41“I do not receive glory from men; 42but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. 43“I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. 44“How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God? 45“Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. 46“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. 47“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

That is what I mean by if. If you never find Jesus and if He can say, "I never knew you", then you searched the Scriptures or religiously went to churches but never entered into God's Plan for Man's Salvation; you never were in Christ.
John 5:9 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Well, the Scriptures I search include all of Genesis dealing with the Creation and the Flood. They all point right to the truth of the Bible and Jesus since they tell us that Jesus is our Creator.

Colossians 2:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; 12 giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

I study Medicine and I see Christ. I study Geology and I see Christ.

I study Evolution and find speculation, disinformation, ignorance and gross inconsistencies.

As our Creator, Jesus gave us His testimony in His blood, in the gospel, in Bible prophecy and in the flood and His creation. They are all part of walking worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.

That includes true science which studies how God made this universe, how the universe works and the purpose of this life which is not found in the riches of this world. But you can see His glory, His judgement, His power, in the rocks that the flood left behind. When you understand that all of that mud left behind to Harden in the Arizona sun from the Bottom of th Canyon, 15,000 feet to the top of Bryce Canyon is God's testimony on how much He hates sin.

It is also a testimony of His continued mercy even in judgement of the entire world.

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

God also challenges us to measure the earth beneath us (Geology) and to search and measure the heavens above us. (Astronomy)

Jeremiah 31:35 Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name: 36 if those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. 37 Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.

All of this, geology, astronomy and all of our sciences in the end point right back to our Creator, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The gospel message is written in the stars and the stones do speak out. I cannot in any sense dismiss discussions and studies on every aspect of God's Holy Word and yes that includes Bible Prophecy, the Flood and Creation. These involve history, geology, embryology, medical knowledge, atomic theory, quantum mechanics, and yes, just about every single true science that exists.

But the noise and distraction is not caused by studying every truth of the Bible which we are commanded to do above, but from the false, so called sciences such as evolution, biogenesis, and the other so called sciences that openly deny the truth of God's Holy Word.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Lastly, going back to your quote from I Timothy. I believe the KJV is much more clear on his admonition.

I Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4 neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. 5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

The Creation and the Flood are NOT fables. Jesus Himself spoke of both. He confirmed that they are literal historical records. Showing the truth of this I find quite edifying a powerful apologetic tool for my family and many of my friends and people that the Lord allows me to witness to. That is godly edifying.

ED'IFY, verb transitive [Latin oedifico; oedes, a house, and facio, to make.]

1. To build, in a literal sense. [Not now used.]

2. To instruct and improve the mind in knowledge generally, and particularly in moral and religious knowledge, in faith and holiness.

Edify one another. 1 Thessalonians 5:11.

(I Thessalonians 5: 11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.)

3. To teach or persuade. [Not used.]

Instructing and improving the mind in knowledge generally is a commandment of God. The Flood and the Creation are an important part of our religious knowledge as Christians.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
One further account is that Paul did not shun to teach the full counsel of God.

Acts 20: 25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. 26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

That actually included Paul Preaching the Gospel through a sermon on creation when he spoke on Mars Hill in Athens:

Acts 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. 23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. 24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; 26 and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27 that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 28 for in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device. 30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Is there any Bible topic we should ignore? Any at all? Paul states instead that there was a time where God winked at ignorance, but no more. Evolution is a myth and a fable. The Bible is the true testimony of Jesus and His works from Genesis through the Revelation. They all testify of Christ.

·
Premium Member
11,159 Posts
Firpo, I think you're in good company.

Where do these morons come up with the crap that the Earth is only 6,000 years old? They must of been dropped on their heads where they were born, then kicked under the birthing table.
Well, this smacks of tactics similar to what the left uses. Name calling rather than evidence.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I suspect I might have been. Mom always reminded me of her 8 hours of labor.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,849 Posts
Firpo, I think you're in good company.

Well, this smacks of tactics similar to what the left uses. Name calling rather than evidence.
I'm part of a select crowd with you guys. We've been called deplorables; now we're morons dropped on our heads.

I like 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.”

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
I'm part of a select crowd with you guys. We've been called deplorables; now we're morons dropped on our heads.

I like 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.”
Yes, that is the way the world sees us, but there is coming a day where all knees shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. On that day, for those doing that for the first time, they will wish that they had listened to "morons dropped on their head."

Philippians 2: 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts