The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy has a Western Auto "revelations" model 100 single shot bolt action rifle, good condition with some bluing wear on the top of the barrel. Stock finish is good, functions with no problems. I'm not familiar with these so figured I'd ask to see if anyone has a ballpark figure so I can see what sort of value it may have. Shoots shorts, longs and long rifles.

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
Thats a Mossberg 321 made for Western Auto It is a basic Mossberg mod. 320.
Can't really tell how much it is worth with out pictures.
Some ware between $1.00 and $150.00.$200 is for 100%.
Mike

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Ive owned several of these. Both in the Western Auto and Mossberg brands. Very accurate rifles. Currently have the Revelation model scoped. A tack driver.

·
Premium Member
19,878 Posts
I still have mine. Bought it new in 1964. I walked in to a Western Auto with $14 and walked out with my rifle. I was 14 years old. Still shoots as good as the day I bought it.

Mossberg 320.jpg

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's asking $100 for it, guess it'd be worth it then, the stock is in great shape, the bluing on top of the barrel almost looks like it was stored in a closet, with coats or clothes rubbing over it for a long period of time, not scrubbed off. I was just thinking that since I can regularly still get shorts here it'd be worth it, close range like here in the woods of Missouri it's rare to even get a shot where a long rifle round would make a bit of difference.

·
Premium Member
19,878 Posts
They have had on at my LGS for over 2 years on the rack. It has a broken front sight and no mag. They are asking $189 for it. I would bet that is why its still on the rack. It's the Model 320c. Mine is the single shot model 320k.

$100 seems like a fair price to me but I may be partial as it was my 1st gun.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
IMO the only drawback is the automatic safety. The safety lever is situated where the bolt hits & engages it ever time the bolt is opened. So you have to disengage every time to fire. More of a PITA really. I read somewhere this model had something to do w/a Boy Scouts gun training thing. And that safety design was for that.
Remember also if you chose to disassemble the gun for cleaning that some of them have TINY little ball bearing in the safety mech. And if you don't it there, it can pop out on disassembly and roll off to parts unknown. Later models have a 1/2 round place stamped in the part the holds the ball, in substitute for the ball.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts