The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,280 Posts
I find a couple of brands with "Western" as part of their name, but nothing called exactly that.

If you can post a picture, that should help greatly.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
No. They were imported by FIE for a number of years under several different names and serial numbers didn't have any meaning. After the GCA of 68 FIE imported the parts and assembled them here to get around it. FIE closed its doors in 99 and the BATF has all their records. I had the same gun sold as a Buffalo Scout but with a silver colored cylinder.
Dang Alpo you're fast. :D

·
Registered
17,280 Posts
:D

·
Registered
17,280 Posts
It should say Firearms Import and Export (or maybe just FIE), or Firearms Intl, or something like that. It's not going to have a major brand on it - Colt or S&W or like that. It's a cheap Italian gun imported by a company in south Florida. But the company changed names a few times, so depending on which name is on the gun, it can help to say "1950 to 1957", or "1960 to 1968" or like that.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
It was made in the cold dark of night. some time between 1968 ( actually about 1970, the BATF gave most companies lee way to get their act together ) and 1999. I believe that is as close as you are ever going to get. In this case the age matters little, it is what it is and the manufacturing date is not going to increase value. :) After all , it is not a old Colt or S&W, just a fun gun to go out on a sunny afternoon and kill vicious cans and pretend that you are Belle Starr.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Everyone should a FIE to keep their Herman Schmidt company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts