The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased it used. The slide is very hard to move. Also the push button to release the barrel is also VERY HARD TO PUSH to release the barrel. Need a hammer for it.
Any advise?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
i purchased it used. The slide is very hard to move. Also the push button to release the barrel is also VERY HARD TO PUSH to release the barrel. Need a hammer for it.
Any advise?
A lack of cleaning by the previous owner may have allowed accumulation of brass, lead, or powder residue in the frame, resulting in a very tight fit.

After a very thorough cleaning and proper lubrication take it to a gunsmith and ask that it be checked for a bent frame or slide, or both.

Can you return the pistol to the seller, and get your money back?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lack of cleaning by the previous owner may have allowed accumulation of brass, lead, or powder residue in the frame, resulting in a very tight fit.

After a very thorough cleaning and proper lubrication take it to a gunsmith and ask that it be checked for a bent frame or slide, or both.

Can you return the pistol to the seller, and get your money back?
The seller said that I could return it. And I just may do that.
Thanks for the reply.

Have you disassembled the pistol and gave it a good cleaning/oiling ?
I just gave it a light oiling.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The slide may be hard to move because the hammer spring force has to be overcome. Is it hard to move when the hammer is in battery?
Sometimes the barrel is a tight fit and requires more force by bearing down on the push button (using a wood or hard rubber surface) and lifting the barrel straight out. I don't suggest hitting the push button with a hammer, could crack the push button.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts