The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
I too had a Kahr Mk9 and I loved the little gun. True, it was a bit heavy for a pocket, but perfect for an inside the pants holster. I did encounter one problem with the gun though.

The weapon is made of all stainless steel except for one crucial part, the recoil spring guide. It is constructed in such a way that it can actually break under fire. The rod ends in a “disk” at the muzzle end of the frame, which holds the guide-rod assembly together. Examine one and you can see what I mean.

This gun failed me after about 400 rounds by literally snapping off at the disk rendering the gun useless. I attempted to contact Kahr Arms by e-mail and by phone. My communications were never returned. Doing a bit of research on my own, I discovered that there were no all steel replacement guides anywhere for this little gun. The only thing I could get was a factory replacement of the same useless plastic crap.

For the life of me I cannot understand why Kahr would use plastic in such a key component in an otherwise all steel gun. I traded mine in on a scandium smith .357 that weighs in at 12 ounces. Five rounds of .357 over six rounds of 9mm. If you’re serious about self-defense, get a good quality revolver. I have never had one to fail under stress. I'm not saying it can't happen, only it's never happened to me. And I shoot a lot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.