The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Pee bottles:oops:
Yes people relive themselves in a bottle put the top back on & toss it out of the window when they go over a bridge. That way if someone sees them by the time they get pulled over the bottle is well gone down stream. The only problem if you hunt river bottom land it is littered with these bottles, if you step on them & they pop it stinks bad.
If you pee in a bottle take it with you & dispose of it properly.

·
Super Moderator
30,094 Posts
Yes people relive themselves in a bottle put the top back on & toss it out of the window when they go over a bridge. That way if someone sees them by the time they get pulled over the bottle is well gone down stream. The only problem if you hunt river bottom land it is littered with these bottles, if you step on them & they pop it stinks bad.
If you pee in a bottle take it with you & dispose of it properly.
I keep a wide mouth bottle, such as powerade or 1 liter mt dew bottle with me just for that reason. But it always leaves with me and finds its way to the trash.

·
Super Moderator
30,094 Posts
Man you have got to be having a bad day if that happens to you!:(
Was hunting with a couple of buddies a few years ago and one had a bottle of doe urine in his pocket. He slipped and went down, breaking that bottle 😂 . We chased him around with deer grunts all evening.

·
Premium Member
20,403 Posts
Was hunting with a couple of buddies a few years ago and one had a bottle of doe urine in his pocket. He slipped and went down, breaking that bottle 😂 . We chased him around with deer grunts all evening.
He's lucky a buck didn't sneak in behind him and he feel a couple of hoofs slide up over his shoulders!:eek:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I found a field of Armadillo's ... looked like bowling balls ... all moving slowly across the field in the same direction ... must have been 10 or 12 .. a herd , migrating ... we stood there and watched ... It was like the Twilight Zone !
The weirdest experience I've ever had ... except for stumbling upon the Mamma Skunk and her 6 Baby Skunks on the front lawn at midnight ... that experience was sorta interesting .
Gary
Sharps will be interested in that story!

·
Premium Member
20,796 Posts
I was at my grandmother's farm in WV about 10 years old. My cousins and I were walking around the mountains several miles from the farm. We found a like-new fighter pilot's helmet. We took it back and my uncle called someone. The next day an air force guy came and picked it up.

Back in the 1950s, we would explore way back in the woods all the time. We would run into old homesteads that had been abanded for over 100 years. No roads to them. We would sometimes find things these settlers left. Nothing very good. Old can goods or a rusted-out pan. This was all really bad farmland. Hard to farm much on the side of a mountain. The only good farmland was in the meadows in the lowland. Not a lot of that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wasn't hunting, but I once found an old Colt Single Action 45 cal pistol in the crotch of a tree I was cutting down. the wooden stocks were gone, and it was pretty rusty, but I put it in a can of kerosene for about a month, and was able to get the cylinder off, clean the exterior, interior and barrel enough so that it could be fired if i wanted to. I made up some new stocks for it and have it mounted on the wall as a memento.

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
When I was hauling sod with the flatbed, one of boys used to work with me in the summer. He was about 10 when I pulled off the side of the road, and told him how to "check the tires". He thought that was funniest thing ever, hosing off the back of the fuel tank while waving to passing cars.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Not while hunting but when metal detecting and searching old abandoned houses and barns. I found an original 1858 Remington fully loaded and capped hanging from a nail on a support post in a dilapidated barn. I found a 1903 Colt at the very back of a shelf in a closet in an abandoned house but it had gone through a fire. I dug up an 1892 Winchester way out in the woods when metal detecting. The odd thing is it was empty.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts