The Firearms Forum banner

What are these parts?

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  siplace 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a bunch of gun parts and accessories from a local firing range owner / gunsmith that went out of business. I've gone through most all of it but there are a few things that I am not sure what they are. I'm not a parts or accessories guy...I just shoot! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll put these pics up in a couple of different posts because it looks like only 4 pics are allowed per post.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
first image is a reloading die body of some sort. threads would match a standard reloading press. Impossible to tell what its purpose is without more photos and information.
second, the little circle things look to be some sort of sight inserts, ghost ring inserts perhaps.

It'd also be MUCH easier to study the photos if they didnt take up almost twice the screen width requiring scrolling left and right. try resizing them to around 1200 pixels on the horizontal side.

#8 · (Edited)
Hard to list exactly, but from the order posted I see:
Picture #1 - Globe front sight discs/inserts;
#2 - ?
#3 - 1911 grip screw staking tool
#4 - ?
#5 - Group shows 2 M1 Carbine piston nut wrenches; blank firing adapter ; M1 Carbine bolt dis-assembly tool; M1911 barrel bushing wrench. I think at least one of those is a 1911 front sight staking tool.

Except for the front sight inserts, my guess is that the majority of these are for the M1 Carbine and the 1911 pistol. None of these are rare or hard to find. You could pick up a few dollars by taking them to a gun show and selling them to vendors there. Maybe $50 to $75 for the lot. Maybe a little more, but not by much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.