The Firearms Forum banner

What assault rifle has the best ergonomics?

6K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  soundguy 
#1 ·
What assault rifle has the best ergonomics?

#7 ·
Most people have little-to-no experience with a true assault rifle. M16 in the military, and that's about it.

I do know that the AR/M16's, the AK's and all the H&Ks' ergonomics suck big time. Ergonomics, to me, means a gun that you don't have to remove your hand from "firing position" to put the safety on or off, or to go from semi to full. Like a 1911, or a M1. Even the M14, while it has an ergonomic safety, you have to completely release your grip to go from semi to full and back. Bad design.

#12 ·
I just bought the new Beretta ARX 100 and while it looks a little like a swordfish, it is completely ambidextrous with a flip of a switch and can be completely disassembled without tools and the barrel can be changed out to different callibers with the flip of a switch and there are mag releases on the trigger guard. Comes with flip up front and rear sights. Its a piston operated gun with gas adjustment. Also has folding / telescoping stock. So far, so good....
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle

#15 ·
I have never seen this gun offered in tan....

#14 ·
i have a taurus ct9 g2 carbine. love the feel and look.. wish it had higher capacity than 10rnd mags.

i see pics ont he internet of larger mags.. but have yet to find them.

I believe in ? brazil? it is used in a selectfire version with larger mags.. but when i got mine they were not being imported?

#18 ·
I have read several reviews on the ARX and none are bad. Some are hoping it will eventually make military issue (already is in some places). It will run flawlessly completely dry...

#21 ·
Its not offered in tan. I see it is made that way.

#25 ·
Unless you are in a position that is being over-run by a massed, exposed (out-in-the-open) enemy, fully auto fire from anything other than a tripod or other supported machinegun is just making a bunch of noise. The closest thing to making any sense for a shoulder fired weapon is either a mechanical burst control, or a well disciplined soldier excercising burst control. Anything after the second round is more likely to shoot down passing pidgeons than anyone on the ground.

Full auto fire from a well made submachinegun might be a different story. But then the shooter is only dealing with recoil and muzzel climb from a pistol caliber. Just two little pennies worth....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.