1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,148 Posts
aa pretty much nailed it..

·
Registered
18,148 Posts
Militarys been making mile or more shots with fixed 10X leupolds. More is better, but more means your eye has to be closer to the occular bell. and if youre shooting something you cant keep still it will bite you.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Pretty interesting that sniper rifles are usually fitted with fixed power scopes. Then again, their purpose is quite a bit different than the recreation/hunting/competition/consumer market. Going after a 6ft target isn't the same as a half-inch bullseye.

·
Registered
18,148 Posts
Exactly right alb. Killzone on a soft target is roughly 16 inches. a sub MOA gun with a 10X scope will very easily hit well within that 16"

·
Registered
389 Posts
I sometimes hear people saying that Bushmaster has made some military rifles but no one I've heard from that was actually in the military seems to have seen one. I'm just saying it's possible they made some. I wouldn't know for sure though and it's likely they didn't.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Regular military uses what you see on tv. Special force guys use those plus what they think may work. Many innovations have come from the special forces arena.

G

·
I sometimes hear people saying that Bushmaster has made some military rifles but no one I've heard from that was actually in the military seems to have seen one. I'm just saying it's possible they made some. I wouldn't know for sure though and it's likely they didn't.
My basic training rifle was a bushmaster ar-15 lower.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
There's all kinds of custom stuff that's out there, especially in the SOF units, but the main ones mentioned above are most of the majority.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.