The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this little beauty for about 20 years and have never been able to identify the model. No serial number, .22, marked
SPRINGFIELD ARMS COMPANY. 22 SHORT-LONG
CHICOPEE FALLS, MASS U.S.A. OR LONG RIFLE

There is a 14 in a circle at the breach-end of the barrel.

I'm guessing it is 1930 or earlier, but have no idea what the model is.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Found this little bit of info I was able to dig up; Springfield Arms was the economy brand of the Savage/Stevens in the 1930's and 40's. I haven't found anything else yet that is concrete other than there is another variation of the rifle with a 21 inside a circle.

The two other bits of info I found out I can't verify and so they are probably incorrect.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
You nailed it--thanks! I suspect it has spent most of the last 80 years in a closet--handy little tack driver.
I'll bet gay ones are a litle more valuable.....:p

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have a Savage model 120A that is identical to yours. It is also Stamped Springfield Armory. Since I got it in 1963, it has been the best squirrel slayer I have ever owned.

Let me get some pics posted

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have a Savage model 120A that is identical to yours. It is also Stamped Springfield Armory. Since I got it in 1963, it has been the best squirrel slayer I have ever owned.

Let me get some pics posted
Someone needs glasses. The receiver and bolt of the 120, which is basically a Stevens Model 15 with beefier stock, is much shorter. Aside from the pull to cock bolt, everything is different. Including the design of the bolt itself. The model 15/120 was/is a great little rifle though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.