The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
TFF Pie Queen
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of a Taurus. 38 / .357 and what price would you pay? There is q 750 price tag on it...

Reactions: tedwitt

·
Premium Member
TFF Pie Queen
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the issues is there are no guns....
Unless one of you has one..

·
GUNZILLA
6,422 Posts
I would wait if possible, as you are paying a high price a minimum of at least $150 to $200+ depending on the model. Do you know the model?

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
6,939 Posts
If someone gave me a Taurus, I'd trade it for a cat, then shoot the cat. Don't waste your time or money on a Taurus, Rae; a birthday girl deserves better. That price is an outrage, by the way. A Taurus is a $400 gun, though I wouldn't pay $0.50 for one. As someone else mentioned, a far better gun for that price will come from Ruger or Smith & Wesson.

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
6,939 Posts
Wife and I have owned a couple of Taurus guns in the past and never had any issues. However, we never paid anywhere close to that much for one.
I've had numerous customers tell me how much they love their Taurus pistols, right up until something went wrong. Once in a while they get one right, but even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn. But trying to get help when something goes wrong is a nightmare. I've been on hold for an hour and a half, trying to reach Support by phone. Many times, after waiting that long, they hung up on me. The few times I've been able to get a RMA from them to ship a failed product back for repair, it's been six months or more to get a response. Nothing is worth that kind of terrible customer service...

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
I've had numerous customers tell me how much they love their Taurus pistols, right up until something went wrong. Once in a while they get one right, but even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn. But trying to get help when something goes wrong is a nightmare. I've been on hold for an hour and a half, trying to reach Support by phone. Many times, after waiting that long, they hung up on me. The few times I've been able to get a RMA from them to ship a failed product back for repair, it's been six months or more to get a response. Nothing is worth that kind of terrible customer service...
There really is no excuse for poor service like that. Fortunately we never had any issues with them. Eventually they were traded off for other guns. All that aside, there is no way I would pay the price Rae quoted for one.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Pass that one by.. Half that maybe if new.. I have Taurus weapons and have few problems. Parts are hard to come by because most of them have a Life time warranty.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
This post will make some peoples hair stand up but I have a Charter arms .357 Mag Pug which shoots .357 and .38spl and have put MANY rounds thru it and my wife shoots it with the .38s and so far I have had no problems and it was allot cheaper then $750.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
One of the issues is there are no guns....
Unless one of you has one..
Rae, let me give you my .02 cents. The price is a bit high. There is a reason Taurus, put a sour taste in a lot of mouths. Then again, some people have had good luck with them. If the price was lower, as it should be, I would take a chance on it. You say there are no guns. Unless you needed it now, then , ok you do not have much choice , but to buy it. If you can hold off for a while longer, and look around you may just find something. Right now, I see, shoping around may be a gamble, too. As far as prices go. Best wishes and good luck to you.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I keep seeing people denigrating Taurus pistols. I have a PT99 that I purchased 25 years ago. I have put about 5000 rounds through it with absolutely no failures. My father had an identical one for over 15 years, unknown number of rounds, no failures. I also have a PT1911 I picked up about 10 years ago about 2000 rounds, no failures. There are probably a lot, 5 or 6 to 1, more people with Taurus's that have had no problems than the number of people that have had problems, but then, only the people with problems gripe about their choices. But then nobody complains when they run right. BTW Rae, that is very overpriced. Hit one or two of the auction sites. You should be able to find something on one of them.

·
Super Moderator
39,828 Posts
I have owned and do own a few Taurus handguns. I have never had one problem out of them BUT I would not pay $750 for one, even if it was the last one in the state!! The last one I bought was a Judge and I paid something south of $300.

·
Registered
Couple wall hangers
9,125 Posts
Keep looking until you find one for about half that price. Taurus is not a bad manufacturer. I've had 3, the large frame 7-shot 357 was as nice as anything I've handled, wife has claimed ownership of the 6 shot chrome 357, had a snubby 5 shot 38 that we Sol, I mean lost in the desert. Little one was a little picky about ammo, but shot pretty well. May not have the jewelry like feel of some, and they do have a lifetime warranty. Check the larger sellers, order one & make arrangements with a local LGS.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts