The Firearms Forum banner

What do you use your pocket knife for?

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Bama1022 
#1 ·
We all lead different lives, and out pocket knives all fill different rolls.
I was curious of what you carry and what you use it for.

Me;
I carry an Al Mar Eagle or a Benchmade Barrage. (I live in the city and have a wife and little kids.) My knives get used for everything from opening mail/packages, splitting a burger between my 2 kids, spreading butter if needed, anything and everything. I am not afraid to get my pocket knife dirty, I just clean it all the time.

So what do you use your knife for?

#2 ·
Ihave several Pocket knives, including a small Buck 2 blade, a Schrade Old Timer (was wifes fathers knife), 2 Navy Issue TL-29's,a couple of Swiss Army knives, a Coleman Multi blade that also has a compass, Magnifying Glass and LED Flashlight. I use some for Opening Mail, cutting rope, paper, stripping wire, cutting tags off new clothes, one or twoI will use to cut food, the uses are almost endless.

#5 ·
I carry a CRKT Fossil. I use it for anything and everything I need a knife for, from opening mail, to cleaning dirt from under my nails. Sometimes I use it to cut plastic banding, conveyer belts, and anything else that needs cutting. I don't always need a knife, but I always have it.

#6 ·
I carry these three all the time. The little Gerber is the do all. It gets used for cutting and scraping so it's never sharp. The Sidekick's blade is used most of the time when I need to open things or cutting cardboard, and yes it does spread peanut butter well. The Kershaw with the Emerson wave is rarely used but is fun to carry just in case.

Blade Tool Knife Cutting tool Multi-tool

#7 ·
I now carry the Essee Isulu 2. It can be carried as a clip on pocket knife, on the belt, or from around the neck. I carry mine around my neck. Saves pockets for other items, and is easy to get to.

Camera Cameras & optics Technology Glasses Wire

#9 ·
I've used a small knife for everything. It will cut up your food, open packages, defend your life, dig out a splinter, or thorn, or field dress a deer.

#13 ·
A Buck 110 on my belt. In my pocket, a Chinese NRA (gift with membership) knife and some knife that came free in the mail (has an ultra-thin blade). With three knives on me, I’ve got everything covered...from gutting a deer to cutting off my my fingers.

#17 ·
I probably have 30 knives, both straight and folders. The one I have in my pocket is a little 3 inch Rigid three blade that I bought in about 1988. I use if for everything from cleaning my fingernails to opening the mail. I have used the 2.25 inch clip point blade for cutting steak and peeling/slicing fruit. The other two blades are not used as much but they do get used for opening boxes and such.

#22 ·
As a man of fashion during dove season I carry this, buck 110 for deer, Texas toothpick for church and so on. I own a couple of dozen knives and depending on my moods or what color socks Im wearing I match the knife accordingly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.