The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TFF Chaplain
18,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One more from the Babylon Bee...

Just-Laid-Off Minneapolis Police Officer Looks On Helplessly As Rioters Burn Down City Council Members' Homes
September 17th, 2020

https://babylonbee.com/news/laid-off-minneapolis-police-officer-looks-on-helplessly-as-city-council-member-mugged

MINNEAPOLIS, MN—Lieutenant Chris Gastelum was laid off yesterday by the Minneapolis Police Department after the city council voted to defund the police. As he was walking home, he saw, by chance, some rioters throwing Molotov cocktails at the homes of several city council members. But, sadly, he was powerless to do anything, as he'd just turned in his gun and badge.

"Help, officer -- they're burning down my house!" screamed a city council member.

"Oh, shoot! Sorry! Would love to help but they couldn't afford me anymore," Gastelum said. One rioter paused, worried he would be arrested. "Oh, no, sir, go right ahead," the former officer said. "I'm not a cop anymore. Feel free to continue with your mostly peaceful protest."

"Better luck next time!" Gastelum said cheerily to the city council member before skipping on his merry way, a newfound spring in his step.

"It's a real bummer," he told reporters later. "I would have loved to help out." Just then, he turned another corner to see another city council member getting mugged. "Hey, good to see you!" he shouted at her. "Hope everything's going well for you! Have a great day!"

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Am I a bad person for hoping this really happens? These city "leaders" have some hard and painful lessons to learn.

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
I struggle with it too Bigdog. I'll think, "good, it serves them right", then..."you know you shouldn't think those thoughts. Love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you. " But, doggone it, it's easy to say and very difficult to do.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I struggle with it too Bigdog. I'll think, "good, it serves them right", then..."you know you shouldn't think those thoughts. Love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you. " But, doggone it, it's easy to say and very difficult to do.
I'm right there with you. I think it's a relief to see God using people and things to wreak His vengeance on people who flout His laws. I also think He lets people reap what they have sown.

Sure, we can and should pray for those who persecute us, but God has the final answer for their lives.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
One more from the Babylon Bee...

Just-Laid-Off Minneapolis Police Officer Looks On Helplessly As Rioters Burn Down City Council Members' Homes
September 17th, 2020

https://babylonbee.com/news/laid-off-minneapolis-police-officer-looks-on-helplessly-as-city-council-member-mugged

MINNEAPOLIS, MN—Lieutenant Chris Gastelum was laid off yesterday by the Minneapolis Police Department after the city council voted to defund the police. As he was walking home, he saw, by chance, some rioters throwing Molotov cocktails at the homes of several city council members. But, sadly, he was powerless to do anything, as he'd just turned in his gun and badge.

"Help, officer -- they're burning down my house!" screamed a city council member.

"Oh, shoot! Sorry! Would love to help but they couldn't afford me anymore," Gastelum said. One rioter paused, worried he would be arrested. "Oh, no, sir, go right ahead," the former officer said. "I'm not a cop anymore. Feel free to continue with your mostly peaceful protest."

"Better luck next time!" Gastelum said cheerily to the city council member before skipping on his merry way, a newfound spring in his step.

"It's a real bummer," he told reporters later. "I would have loved to help out." Just then, he turned another corner to see another city council member getting mugged. "Hey, good to see you!" he shouted at her. "Hope everything's going well for you! Have a great day!"
And if THAT doesn't bring a smile to your face.....Ruthie Ginsberg is no longer a Supreme Court Justice.....Trump and American patriots just keep on winning.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am the same way . Wish some of them lets not use tear gas and just let them go politicians in them towns get a dose of what them business owners and their employees have had to face .

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm a Christian man, and wish no harm to any human. I do have to confess though, here lately I would like to see lots get a taste of what they are promoting. The ones who are making the decisions to stand by and allow all this chaos, should feel the effects also. Rioting, China flu rules, sanctuary cities,destruction of the constitution, defunding the police, etc. are destroying what we are, but the Nancy's (use her as a prime example) just go on with their unaffected lives behind their marble walls telling us what is good for us. I bet none of them has lost a business, or even missed one paycheck.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Do not mean to hi jack your thread, but what , BigT says. Yes, it may be nice to see some big wigs se what it is like to be on the other side. You work for a company, management runs it in the ground. You loose. The deck is stacked. Management looses nothing. How does that happen. It should never happen. Any thing else should be no differnt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts