What have you bought (firearms related) in the last 48 hours?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by firefighter1635, Sep 16, 2012.

1. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

Yep, I get some really upset people due to that. They put a gun in lay-a-way or pick one out in the store and I can't complete the transaction because of a difference in addresses. One guy negotiated the price on a (used) Remington 770 down to $160.00 then stormed out of the store swearing at me because I couldn't sell it due to the addresses. He lives local and even after I told him that, here in MO, you can get a sticker placed on the back of your license with the new address free of charge. Takes a matter of minutes and serves just like a new license. Not my rules. I didn't realize all that was involved until I started doing the other have of the sale. It WOULD have been nice if they had made sure you had the needed ID since you made a drive that long.

carver, dbcooper and Kweeksdraw like this.
  2. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

Just won some rusty TC Renegade parts off of Ebay for a cheap price. s-l1600[1].jpg

I'll post a picture of them after I remove the rust and re-do the color case hardening. (and color case the things that were blued) They are supposed to get here on Monday.

Picture of the last one I did, paid twenty bucks + shipping for it, sold it on ebay for nearly 100. ;)
    S4020681.JPG

carver, howlnmad, Kweeksdraw and 2 others like this.

3. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

Here in WA they don't do the Sticker thing like they did in OR. You have to get a replacement License with the new address, Checked online it is going to cost me $11. If I had a Utility bill or something from a government agency mailed to me at my Residence Address they can use that. But there is no residential Mail Delivery here where I live so everything goes to the PO Box.

carver and Kweeksdraw like this.
  4. Big Mak

Big Mak Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Huh, never knew that howln

carver, howlnmad and Kweeksdraw like this.
  5. rawright54

rawright54 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just received 6660 rounds of Winchester 22 LR ammunition. Although I have some already, I'll never forget the long dry spell when it was completely unavailable. And the price was right - about $0.05/round, delivered - so I jumped on it. The boss is ticked - we can'tr buy it wholesale for that price, or anything close!:D

6. rawright54

rawright54 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just ordered some more .22 LR ammo, simply because it's been unavailable for so long. CCI Stingers, at 1600+ fps, have become all but extinct, so I grabbed 1000 rds when I got the chance. At $0.10/ rd, it's overpriced by quite a margin, but that's offset by the lack of availability. I'll sit on these for a while, but I'm glad I have them...

carver, Kweeksdraw, accident and 2 others like this.
  7. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If you're going to sit on them for awhile, write yourself a note on where you put them :p.

carver, SilasW, Kweeksdraw and 5 others like this.
  8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

He would lose the note.

carver, Kweeksdraw, Old Ron and 3 others like this.
  9. Old Ron

Old Ron Well-Known Member

If you go back get one for me too !

carver, Kweeksdraw and accident like this.
  10. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Fish oil... :D

11. Broot

Broot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The 5" GP100 :D
    IMG_0926.JPG

jwdurf, carver, Kweeksdraw and 5 others like this.
  12. The_Doctor

The_Doctor Member

I don't get the opportunity to shoot as often as I'd like... but a friend and neighbor has

rekindled a bit of interest in shooting some 9mm recently. Hey, I tell him, I've got a

Hi-Power in the vault! We'll take it out and you can try it.

Small problem - way back when the canadian gummint put restrictions on magazine

capacity, I disassembled the pair I had, since they were 14 round. I never got the chance

to convert or pin them, and have misplaced the bodies. I know where the springs and

followers are, though!! LOL

So today I ordered a pair of ten round Mec - Gar mags and 100 rounds of PMC 9 mm.

Usually I shoot 45 Colt (SAA) or 45 Auto (!911) but I'm looking forward to a refreshing

(but brief) change at the range.

1911 - 45

P35 - 9mm

The way John Moses Browning intended the order of things to be.

The_Doctor

carver, Kweeksdraw, accident and 2 others like this.
  13. AZ2VET

AZ2VET Member

I ordered the VG6 CAGE device on sale a few days ago. Was delivered in todays mail so I installed it and gave it a test. It definitely reduces the side concussive forces for what it is made for. Adds a little to the felt recoil. Monmouth Reloaders does not disappoint in price or shipping, $51 well spent.

carver and Kweeksdraw like this.
  14. Hovannes

Hovannes Member

A brick of 500 CCI-SV .22lrs for $31.00 and a GI milsurp .50 ammo can for $12.00 (as it troubles me to buy the PRC knock-off ammo cans from Costco/Walmart.)
    The old ammo can cleaned up nicely though.

Kweeksdraw, The_Doctor and carver like this.
  15. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

Tough decision for me. A Charles Daly Zastava or a Winchester 670. Both 30/06 and both same price for me. Need to make a choice soon since deer season is approaching and guns are selling a record pace at the store. Then there's the Rossi .357 revolver.
    The Zastava is pretty. The Rossi is shiny nickle. But I've want a Winchester model 70 for a long time. The 670 is basically the same. So many guns, the answer is to buy all three, but can't right now. Have to choose just one.

gvw3, Kweeksdraw and carver like this.