The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a new toy and realized I don't know anything about it. A woman inherited this Stevens pocket rifle and sold it to me as a .22 Upon taking it home and dropping a .22LR round into it, I knew something was wrong. Turns out it's a .25 Stevens short caliber and that's about all I know. I've tried finding similar guns online but haven't had much luck.
What's throwing me off is that unlike the only other .25's I've seen, this one has a rounded 18" barrel instead of the octagon barrel. It also has stamping on only one side. I can read Falls, Mass Fac and a date of 1860 something one the second row. The top row is almost unreadable. It also has a serial number of 7729. The front site is also non adjustable unlike the others. If anyone has any ideas or knows what I have, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,278 Posts
Welcome from Sitka, Alaska. It's a Stevens Bicycle Rifle made by J. Stevens Arms & Tool Company in Chicopee Falls MA. They were available in .22, .25 and .32, with barrels of 10", 12", 15" or 18" lengths, half or full octagon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I had never heard of them referred to as a Bicycle Rifle. Based on the ammo prices of .25 I guess I've got a pretty cool wall hanger at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts