The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what this thing is exactly? It's got the words BIG BROTHER on the top. From what I've learned it's called A BIG BROTHER SIGNALLING DEVICE. Or something like that, maybe a flare gun, or tear gas pen of some kind?
Please see the pic, I only have just one photo of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I seem to recall these were used as a burglar alarm, but I am not 100% sure. It would be placed on a door or window and would fire a blank if the window or door was opened. Can you post more pictures.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seem to recall these were used as a burglar alarm, but I am not 100% sure. It would be placed on a door or window and would fire a blank if the window or door was opened. Can you post more pictures.
Shreck, I wish I could but I only have that one picture. I couldn't even find any others anywhere on the internet. So you said it's a device for firing a blank, and used as sort of a perimeter alarm?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
It is a double barrel tear gas pen launcher. It should have a cylinder which is the barrel.

They were used as a self defense weapon by shooting a cloud of tear gas at the attacker. Some are collectable, but I have no idea if this one is. You can find them at online auction sites for $200 right now, but they haven't sold.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a double barrel tear gas pen launcher. It should have a cylinder which is the barrel.

They were used as a self defense weapon by shooting a cloud of tear gas at the attacker. Some are collectable, but I have no idea if this one is. You can find them at online auction sites for $200 right now, but they haven't sold.
The seller assured me several times over the phone and email, that this item is not an NFA controlled item. If it is or was, I sure as h*'ll don't want it, and never would have bought it. I did a little more digging and reading and the flares or tear gas cartridges are a solid unit screwed into the end of this thing. Meaning you cannot just load anything in the chamber and expect it fire, so that means it cannot possibly fire any bullet or anything similar. So in that case, it's no NFA item. Thank God. :eek:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why would you buy something that you didn't know what it was?

Not saying this is the case, but I wouldn't doubt these could be made into a zip gun or something like that...

·
Banned
107 Posts
That one looks like a Colt

Just out of curiosity, why would you buy something that you didn't know what it was?

Not saying this is the case, but I wouldn't doubt these could be made into a zip gun or something like that...
I just like oddities like these. Oh BTW it came friday, I'll post pics of it over the weekend

A "Big Brother Signal Device".....isn't that the Mainstream Media?
Yea something like that :p

Well I suppose it could. So could parts at any hardware store as well. But that is not my intention for doing that. I just like neat little things like this.

Anybody know who made this thing? It's only got two words on it BIG BROTHER. I wonder what it's worth?

·
Super Moderator
41,377 Posts
No offense intended, but your pictures suck! You need to take it outside and take your pictures in natural sunlight and keep it out of the shadows!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.