The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
How did you ascertain that? This is indeed a german arms manufacturer, but from that one picture and no further description of markings, etc., it will be real hard to help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did you ascertain that? This is indeed a german arms manufacturer, but from that one picture and no further description of markings, etc., it will be real hard to help you.
The only markings are the target looking circle and it says a
Akah with Germany under it. There is a 6 blank shot slide inside the gun. I didn't know if you guys knew anything as to the possible year or anything about the maker itself. There are no markings on it as far as year or model number

·
Registered
17,286 Posts
It's not a starter pistol. They are all, to my knowledge, revolvers.

By the look of it, it is either a blank gun or a tear gas gun. Both of these were sold to people who wanted self defense, by could not, either by law or by conscience, carry a deadly weapon. Either the sound would scare the mugger (he'd think you shot at him and missed, but he'd better beat feet anyway), or the gas annoy him long enough for you to get away.

Reactions: Ashley W

·
Registered
884 Posts
Does it happen to have "Lacrimae" on it anywhere? That would make it a teargas
gun for sure.

·
Premium Member
13,492 Posts
AKAH was a German firearms retailer....I don't know that they actually made any firearms but the German firearms industry from that era is so convoluted I can't keep it straight. Is the barrel rifled? That would be a dead giveaway. If so I'd bet it's a 25 ACP retailed for cheap.

Reactions: Ashley W

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
It is a gas/blank gun. They sold in Germany for just a few Marks, I know I had one which I bought in Nurnberg in 1966.. No way to date it. Value would be low, I would think no more than 25 dollars. BTW, don't lose that little strip clip ( which is actually an open magazine , replacements are non existing .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts