The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

· Premium Member
22,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this about 5 years ago and it's time again. I am back to buying guns after a few years of not buying any. I have it down to 3 right now.

1] I want to replace my carry gun with something easy to rack. I am looking at the S&W CSX. It's hammer fired and all metal. I have yet to try one so this is not set in stone.

2] Ruger PC Carbine. This looks like a lot of fun. I could also get into the 3 gun competition at my club.

3] CZ 457 22lr. I was going to buy one last year but I couldn't find one anywhere. I bought a Ruger Precision Rimfire and am happy with it but I still want the CZ.

I am going to get at least one of these when I get my yearly payout from my 401k and IRA. I also pay my Real Estate taxes and the IRS with this money but I should have enough to get at least one of these guns and a nice gift for my wife.

· Premium Member
23,415 Posts
As to my next gun....thats on hold until after tonight. If things go poorly I may need the money for food and fuel🤨
Yep that's how i'm thinking. Things have been bad since the liberals have stolen all my extra cash, and if they stay in power well there goes the rest of my cash :( Haven't bought a gun in 2 years and probably won't as long as they remain in power. I guess i will just have to resign myself to admire all the ones Tuckerd buys.:)

· Registered
2,657 Posts
You mean the one that I keep saying I'm going to buy ---- As soon as I can pick a caliber. Been struggling for six months on a Savage 110 Elite Precision. I have narrowed it down to .300 PRC or .338 Lapau, leaning heavily toward the Lapau.
I'm headed out in two weeks to check out a range with 1,000 yd bullseye targets. Well there's a vote for the flatter shooting .300 PRC.

I have all of the parts for a very nice (I hope) 10/22. Pretty much everything but the receiver. Still looking for something other than a factory Ruger.

I do love the RPR and I know that you just picked up one in 22LR, but I've heard nothing but good reviews on those CZ 457 Americas. I thought they stopped making them.

· Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Maybe another Remington XP 100 in .221 Fireball. Will pull it down, swap barrels and chamber in my "20 MGM" Wildcat. (22 TCM necked down to 20)
At the rate I'am going, will probably never happen but the thought is still alive.
Already got a Savage bench gun chambered in the 20 MGM and don't even get out and shoot it. :(
Need to get out and shoot what I've already got. :oops:

I could also go for a reliably modified BSA Martini that would chamber, fire and extract my 20 MGM Wildcat with no issues. Love the thought of a GOOD heavy accurate single feed bench rifle. :D

· Super Moderator
31,896 Posts
Maybe another Remington XP 100 in .221 Fireball. Will pull it down, swap barrels and chamber in my "20 MGM" Wildcat. (22 TCM necked down to 20)
At the rate I'am going, will probably never happen but the thought is still alive.
Already got a Savage chambered in the 20 MGM and don't even get out and shoot it. :(
Need to get out and shoot what I've already got. :oops:
The XP100s are getting harder and harder to find at a reasonable price.

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I just sold four guns including my Desert Eagle 44 Mag for $1400 and a couple of cheap 22 cal. rifles. I had a couple tables at a local gun show, so it was time to unload some excess inventory. So I have $2900 burning a hole in my pocket.

Two things that I am looking to buy - First is a 1911 45ACP, I haven't decided on a brand yet. Second is another older Smith revolver in 357 mag, no Hilary Hole, I like em Pinned and recessed.
I also have a couple Marlin lever guns that I have been waiting to run across a decent price on. A 32-20 a 41 mag or a 1894M 22 Mag. I could be waiting a while, they are priced way more than I am willing to pay.

· Super Moderator
12,686 Posts
I categorize my needs and wants in 4 categories as in Pistol, Rifle, Revolver and Shotgun.
I need to replace a Remington 870 Wingmaster 28"
I want a 2" revolver, Ruger sp101 or S&W model 19
I would like to add a high capacity 9mm like a CZ shadow ll
And for the rifle, a M1A Scout Squad.

Dear Santa, I've been a very good boy this year. :giggle:

· Registered
6,059 Posts
I have a Ruger PC-9 Carbine. I especially like the fact that it shoots 9mm ammo & it will use Glock magazines with the included adapter. It's a good companion to my 9mm carry gun which may vary between a Sig 365 & a Glock 26. I'm seriously considering a S&W CSX but I'm waiting for reliability reports on the new model. I've seen them advertised for $499 as opposed to the $600 MSRP. That would be a good thing. Now if they go bang every time the trigger is pulled I might be ready to pull the trigger.

· Registered
517 Posts
I have been mentally piecing together a .450 Bushmaster upper to go on what I already have - be a good elk gun within 175ish yards and could be more effective than my .40 on a hangry grizzly.

Also torn between a Mossberg 500/590 variant and a Remington 870 for wild poultry - still got some research to do on those yet.

And if the cartridge is gonna be around for good, I want another X-bolt Max Long Range in 6.8 Western.

· Registered
2,657 Posts
Have the plain Jane American, she be accurate ;)
Big fan of CZ in general. Rifles and Pistols. They also made a model 550 in the American series. This one is chambered in 22-250 and friends say it's cheating when I shoot Quarters (.25 coins) at 100yds with it. The factory set trigger breaks exactly at 3lbs and when you push the trigger forward to set it, it breaks at 8 ounces.
Trigger Air gun Wood Machine gun Shotgun

The picture does not do justice to it's composite stock.
Light Bicycle part Trigger Office equipment Material property

Taurus Tracker 627 7 round .357 Mag with a 6.5" barrel... :)
Strangest grips I've ever seen. Then I shot one - Iove 'em.

· Registered
Token Trigger Snob
7,398 Posts
Strangest grips I've ever seen. Then I shot one - Iove 'em.
I had the 'ribber' grips on my 44 Tracker and changed them to Hogues. They are kind of weird. The newer Trackers are coming with more solid grips similar to Hogues if you can find them. I think it's a tossup which ones you can find. Finding any revolver in today's market isn't very easy.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts