The Firearms Forum banner
121 - 140 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
A “still in development stages” Ruger-built , Marlin Model “94” , straight stock (cowboy) lever action, .30-30 , with a 22” barrel , and cupped butt plate
If you want a model 94 in 30-30, I recommend a pre-64 Winchester.

I already have more guns than I know what to do with, but I've really had the desire to add a Walther PPK to the mix,
Isn't that what a certain infamous Austrian corporal shot himself with?

@tedwitt I think you've got the right idea with the 1911 collection....assuming they're all 45 automatic of course. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm so monstrously old school that even though my carry is a G17, everything else I have is older, wood and blued or stainless (only because it was what was available) that I'd like one more Remington 700 VLS in .243 Win. I absolutely can't believe there are so few folks that would want one that they haven't put them into production again, as far as I know. But I keep looking. Composite stocks don't make the grade for me. Ooops, I guess I lied. I'm picking up a new S&W M&P Shield in 9mm to replace the G17. That'll bring me to a 2 plastic gun total. I'd like to thank the great state(?) of California for severely limiting my choices in gun purchases while I'm at it.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Well,I’ve been interested in this 22 magnum pistol since it came out mostly because of reports of how reliable they are and it looks like it would be fun to shoot.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

But the more I think about it,I already have a pistol that in many ways is very similar to me.My Springfield XD-9 Mod-2 but in a more powerful round 9mm with the same capacity.So why would I want a 22 magnum pistol.So that’s why I haven’t scrapped to funds together somehow to make the purchase.But at the present time that’s the only gun I’ve showed any interest in.
Have you ever planned a range trip and you start think about what guns you want to shoot that day because you can’t bring them all.Ok,I’m there and I think I’m good!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was thinking big on my wish list but I would like to have a STG-44 to play with for a short while no doubt I`ll have to go with a re-pop but they seem to be as scarce as the real deal. Santa did suggest that a 1911 in 9mm would fit down the chimney a little better though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
View attachment 286002
Well,I’ve been interested in this 22 magnum pistol since it came out mostly because of reports of how reliable they are and it looks like it would be fun to shoot.
View attachment 286003
But the more I think about it,I already have a pistol that in many ways is very similar to me.My Springfield XD-9 Mod-2 but in a more powerful round 9mm with the same capacity.So why would I want a 22 magnum pistol.So that’s why I haven’t scrapped to funds together somehow to make the purchase.But at the present time that’s the only gun I’ve showed any interest in.
Have you ever planned a range trip and you start think about what guns you want to shoot that day because you can’t bring them all.Ok,I’m there and I think I’m good!
You can do like I`ve seen at the range, but it only took me a few minutes to say no, no I`m not doing that, These guys had wagons like they make to haul your fishing gear to the water chucked full of rifles. Again I had to say no I`m not packing that many guns to the range.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
I am currently looking at some 3rd gen Colt SAA's.
Pulled the trigger (pun intended) on a Colt SAA 45, 4-3/4" Blue/ Case Color frame last week. Should get to my LGS this weekend. I was looking at a NIB 3rd for 3K, but got one that was slightly used for $2250.

My reason is, I'm going to shoot it the minute I get it. It might be "collectable" but that ain't why I'm buying it. It's a gun and made to shoot.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
What is the next gun on your wishlist?

I'm hoping I can keep the ones I already have.

More cowboy and frontier guns please. I do want to have a Rem700 rebarreled after Christmas this year before next shooting season. Guess I'll consider that a new gun.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Get the Talo it comes with wood grips and a nice holster. I paid $250 when they first became available now they can be had for under $225 :oops: :cool:
my Wrangler experience , bought a Stoeger Luger online , went to pick it up at my FFL , and seen the wrangler in the case , had watched a review on youtube (the .22 guy) and decided to piggy back it on the form with the Luger and use it for a tractor gun

get home grab some ammo head back to my pistol range , 40 yards i hit a 8x8 steel 7 shots out of 8 with the luger , not a single ding with the wrangler later to be dubbed "The Turd Wrangler" , threw sever clips through the Luger with same results , hits pretty much at will , 60+ year old pistol

stepped up to the 25 yard mark with the turd and im hitting steel to the left , right , digging dirt and whiffs , with maybe one hitting the target, so set the bench up with a rest at 15 yards , its a flat out wild child , mostly shooting an easy foot low at 15 yards , so fixed sights shooting low , file the blade , brought it up , and with a 16x16 paper targer it was shooting 4 on paper with a 8 inch spread off rest , the remaining rounds were anyones guess , the safest place in front of the business end is directly in front of the business end

so grab a bore light , maybe cerokote fouling in the rifling , nope , crown looked good as well ,and after about 40 rounds my hand was black from powder and i could feel the powder stinging my hand , at this point i deemed it trash and dangerous , took it back to the shop , he sent it back

3 weeks later ruger sent me a brand new pistol accompanied with a target from the factory which they had written on the target "15 yard off rest", it was a 6 inch spread ,i asked the guy are they joking , he shrugged , i get home , 4 types of proven ammo i could not even duplicate a 6 inch spread , 100 rds to give a fair break in period to see if it would settle down , nope , took it back , he said 6 inches at 15 yards off rest was acceptable , i said sell it , took a $40 spanking , and i told him that $40 will cost him thousands because i would never cast a shadow on his door again

i will not buy any Ruger produced post Bills death

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’m finally in a place where I’ve got all my bases covered and there isn’t really anything I need. So now I’m looking at wants, and those are tending to be expensive indulgences lol. I also tend to spend a good bit on accessories and redundancies such as mags, optics, lights, holsters, load-bearing equipment, etc.

I’m thinking about changing up some scopes, and I really want an AXG grip module with walnut grips for my P320, which is gonna run me $400.

But if I were gonna buy a new gun, right now, it would be either a heavy barrel Bergara .308, an M1A SOCOM, or a Canik Rival Dark Side.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
The one I picked up today. Springfield hellcat.
I have one. I love it. But it’s snappy, so be ready for that fun.
Yup, got rid of a Model 60 and a model 25, still have couple of the mod 60's. Just time to thin a few out, I had over thirty 22 cal rifles o_O

Really how many 22's does a guy need? I know a stupid question to ask on a gun forum :ROFLMAO:
I am always hunting for one of the older model 60’s like the one I use to have. It was an absolute tack driver, and I picked off squirrels between 50-75 yards with it often enough to feel rather good about myself.

I just brought one home today. So now I’m thinking sig p365 xmacro or the Taurus tx22. I don’t know yet.

Reactions: gvw3
121 - 140 of 198 Posts