The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[/IMG][/IMG]Received this gun from my Dad. My brother is wondering what it is, and how much it is worth with case. He thought is was maybe Swiss and old? Steve

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
You need to post pics. here.
When I tried to look at the ones you posted my computer said they contain bad things and it could be bad for my computer.
So to all members be carefull if you try to look at them.
Mike

·
Banned
5,428 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to look at the pics by copying the link - the pics are small though in Imageshack. I'll try posting it correctly... didn't work so I've posted the link to see the rifle.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/gun3b.jpg/
Hi sorry for not having pictures correct rookie at this. Did WHSmithIV fix them or should I go back to image shack and try to re size them. I thought I had to have them on public domain site rather than from my computer because image button here asks for url? Steve

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just a guess -- But with the red operating knob it was likely a 1911 or variation. Perhaps even an 89 though the magazine appears too small -
Might even be a golden state conversion to 30/30 --
In any event it only has value as a shooter --

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Actually it looks to be what is left of a Schmidt-Rubin. The stock has been chopped. Value as shown is minimal, perhaps a hundred dollars.Could be wrong, might bring more or even less. You can't blue book a sporterized military firearm, it is worth what ever someone is willing to pay.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Just a guess -- But with the red operating knob it was likely a 1911 or variation. Perhaps even an 89 though the magazine appears too small -
Might even be a golden state conversion to 30/30 --
In any event it only has value as a shooter --
My money is on it being a sporterized 1911 model.

There are some good comparison photos of the different models here:

http://www.swissrifles.com/sr/detail/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts