The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
LOL ! I had a jar of that ash for years . One of my kids friends seen it and was bringing it to me to ask what it was and dropped it . She said "sorry , sorry" and I said "MY MOM'S ASHES" . She about fainted !! I felt bad cause she got real upset over it till I told her what it really was . Then she really got upset !
Do you need a replacement ?

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
I was working a construction job in Rangely Colorado when St. Helens blew her cork so I missed the fireworks but we got a light dusting of ash, not much, but enough to make the windshields of the cars dirty.

Reactions: ysacres

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I was working an outage at a nuclear power plant and living in Longview Washington a year or so after it erupted. A lady friend and I charted a helicopter and flew over the crater as well as the surrounding area. The amount of destruction was unreal.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks ysacres that would be neat . I lived in Yakima for long time before moving to Arkansas then back to Oklahoma . My oldest sister sent me the jar , she was living in Goldendale at the time of the eruption . Still got family in Ellensburg . PM me and we can work something out . :thumbsup:

·
TFF Chaplain
18,891 Posts

41 - 47 of 47 Posts