Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

what is this?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Tim60, May 13, 2009.

1. Tim60

Tim60 New Member

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

It is an old rusty double barrel shotgun, probable Belgium in manufacture, value in relic condition maybe 100 dollars as a wall hanger. Are there any markings at all, pull the front wood and check

Last edited: May 13, 2009

3. johnboat

johnboat New Member

that looks like a very old one ,neat realease some one may give a little more than a hundred, but it would be most likely always a wall hanger

4. Angryisme

Angryisme Member

says right on it J. Stevens illegible illegible something Chicopee Falls Mass USA
    Pat Apr illegible something 94
    then it looks like 2E 21?

if that helps any a you identifiers ;)

5. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Angryisme, you have better eyes than I, I even zoomed it up to 400 and couldn't read it. but I betcha your eyes are also younger so I will take your word for it.
    Tim if you can bring out the working on the barrel it can help to date the time period it was made. Use some shark or even white-out. Better yet, first wet the area, that might bring out the letters.
    The shotgun is in very poor condition and even if we can ID it, the value will never be very high. Also original parts ( such as a right Hammer ) are almost impossible to find.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  6. Angryisme

Angryisme Member

if you go to the link the poster provided....
    you then can click on the picture from there and it gives you a huge picture...
    maybe your eyes are better than mine.... try looking at it that way. ;)

7. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

j stevens A&T (arms and tools, used 1886-1916)
    Chicopee Falls Mass USA
    Pat Apr 17 94
    2E 21
    probably 75 to 100 if someone wanted it for decoration.

8. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

you have 2 different pics on that link. are you asking about the rifle or the shot gun. the post above is for the rifle, probably a 32 rim fire, called a "crack shot" at one time. this is the pic from your other post.
    [​IMG]

9. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

if you are asking about the shotgun, look for some kind of proof marks or something to go on besides the one pic.