The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
That would be Aphrodite..
Are you sure? The Demoncrats tell us it is Hillaria.

I've read a lot about this and it seems that white privilege is just the absence of discrimination that white people benefit from simply because we aren't black. it's based on the false (in my opinion) assumptions that all black people are discriminated against at some level and that white people are not ever discriminated against. It's also my observation that this whole concept comes from "woke" white people, not so much from blacks. (just an observation)
In the early 1980's, my mother had to move back to her home town to take care of my mom. After a couple of years and she was still alive, my dad decided to move there to a house they built in 1978 but rented.

He was a Methodist minister and there was an opening in the next town over which was a little over a mile from our new house. He was denied initially because it was supposed to only go to a minority or a women, or a man who claimed to be a woman.

After a few months, they relented since he was the most qualified by far and he didn't want to use the parsonage which the church sold.

But that was nearly 40 years ago and it is MUCH, MUCH worse today.

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
No it's affirmative action, rewarding inferior and mediocre performance.
All of that and also targeted discrimination.
Laws that favor one color over another...
Jim Crow=bad
Affirmative action=good
What's the difference?
Media spin.

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
As a "NON-WHITE" individual of the human species I guess I experienced "white privileged " benefits. Just kidding I really do not know or have cared for that term as I heard it all my life growing up. We all at one point may have had better privileges than others not so financially well off but as has been noted previously it is a crutch to blame others for their station in life, my father worked hard and diligently many times holding two jobs to support the family, working as a teacher and as a plumber. Through his hard work we had a roof over our heads, food to eat and clothes to wear.

I learned the term accede while in school as I was always accused of wanted to be like
''whites'' and still, now to this date get accused of wanting to be white from some family members that are scum, and from my own culture. I truly believe they are the most ignorant morons in the world. These are the types of people that would ridicule and bully and punish the hard working individuals that want to get ahead in life and expect rewards for mediocrity. My father taught me that to be successful there is no easy route to take, success comes from hard work and perseverance , and falling and stumbling is part of the process, but you just have to have the courage to get up and continue. His favorite phrase has always been "where there is a will, there is a way".
Your father sounds like a hardworking,good, and wise man. If there were more fathers (of all races) like him out there today our country would be a much better place.

·
GUNZILLA
5,978 Posts
Your father sounds like a hardworking,good, and wise man. If there were more fathers (of all races) like him out there today our country would be a much better place.
Thank you! He is to me, my hero.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts