The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,975 Posts
Can you post a couple pics of the entire gun?

·
Super Moderator
40,167 Posts
What howlnmad said. Pictures of both sides, the whole top, and back. Also good clear closeup shots of any and all proof marks on the gun, not the holster.

·
Super Moderator
26,975 Posts
Much better.

·
Super Moderator
26,975 Posts
I don't know enough about them, but someone will. It looks like the number has been stamped over in that last picture.

·
Super Moderator
40,167 Posts
When I asked for pictures of the "top" I wanted to see if there were anything stamped above the chamber". The shot of the "back" was to see if there is a stock lug on it and if it has a grip safety or not. From what I can see, you got a nice shooter there! With the numbers being mismatched and defaced, it has lost any "collector" value that might have had. I won't give you a value on it, because frankly, I don't know", BUT, they ain't making any more of them.

What I can tell you is that the toggle was made by Mauser-Werke (Code 42), but since it has a different serial number stamped on it, who knows where the rest of the gun came from. The toggle also has the German Military Proof mark on the side, If there is anything is above the chamber, that might help.

The crown over "N" is a German Commercial Proof mark. The eagle over number (seen on magazine) is a German Military Proof

The gun appears to have been military sometime in its life. The area on the front right side of the frame looks like it at one time had military proofs on it and looks as if it has been defaced.

This information is from "The Luger Handbook" by Aarron Davis copyright 1997.

There are some markings on it that I cannot identify and cannot find any information on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts