What kind of dog would you be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pistolenschutze, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Just for fun, what breed of dog would you most associate as being most like yourself in personality and traits?

How about friends you have made here on TFF where we know each other, mostly, only through the words we post?

For myself, I would have to choose the Labrador Retriever. What say you?

2. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Interesting question !

Whatever breed is loyal, fun-loving, licks your face and likes to go hunting ! I'm not real sure what that would be, but I'm gonna guess a Lab or a Golden ???

3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I'd have to say toy poodle, which manages to be dainty while maintaining an enthusiasm for sporting activities. Our family poodle was my favorite dog.

Speaking of labs, I have a funny story. When my friend brings her yellow lab out to visit while I'm shooting targets, the dog drags her around looking for the bird after each shot! Poor old dog, she misses pheasant hunting.

4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Dogs have masters. Cats have servants. Understand? Good, now go get me a beer. :p

Pops

5. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

10-4 on the cats having servants Pops. I don't care what kind of dog I was as long as I was owned by a very rich lady.

6. Thomas_1

Thomas_1 New Member

I'd say a Doberman, but everybody that knows me would probably say a fat bulldog!

7. That dogs have masters is often said, Pops, but as a "dog person" for most all of my life, I must disagree. I would rephrase your description thusly: Dogs are loyal friends who care for their humans as much as their humans care for them. A dog-human relationship is a reciprocity, a symbiosis. Cats, on the other hand, have human servants whose sole usefulness in life, to the cat anyway, is only to feed the cat. From the cat's perspective, it is simply unfortunate that humans are much too large to dismember totally or eat whole. Otherwise, the human would have been dinner long ago. :D;):p

You know, Pine, as I have come to know you here on TFF, I would more or less agree. I would, however, change the toy poodle description to that of a standard poodle! Standard poodles were once hunting dogs you know! ;)

8. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

i think i would like to be a golden also. i like the idea of hunting with the master. but then again i dont know what would happen when i discovered that i could lick myself. you might not get me to do anything again. roof roof.:D:D:D:D

9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Well, I am small...LOL!

10. 38 special

38 special New Member

I love beagles cause they are great rabbit dogs and I love to hear them howel. I also love labradors cause they have such great dispositions and are great retrievers. I love austrailian shepards becuase they are so loyal and smart. I love huskies cause they they have a great howl and are cold weather dogs . In guess Ihavent met a dog I dont like well maybe I'm not too fond of ankle biters but by and large dogs are GREAT! I gues I cant decide which I would choose to be but dogs ARE MAN's BEST FRIEND.

11. oldogy

oldogy New Member

Well, since we inherited our first German Shepherd forty plus years ago, and since we've lived with four of them, and since we find them like family members in most respects, truthful, loyal, smart, and good looking, I would be a GSD.:D Hence my forum handle;)
    oldogy

12. 38 special

38 special New Member

It's hard to pick one dog but when a siren goes off and all the dogs in the neighborhood start howling it's the most inpsiring, and likeable sound you can ever hear especially the dogs with the wolf like howl. It's great

13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Sorry to throw things off, Rich, but I'd be a bear... I used to say that "If you're gonna be a bear, you might as well be an ol' Grizzly bear", then there were times that I was accused of being a Teddy bear, and was dubbed "Trizzly" by my girl friend. :)

I kinda like it. :)

Trizzly

14. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

I would be a Springer Spaniel. I am loyal, trusting, friendly, easy to get along with, but have a mind of my own and know when to use it!

15. Well Donny, I was thinking you would be more the American Staffordshire Terrier type, or maybe the American Bull dog type. :D;)

As for Tranter, I kinda picture him as the Bloodhound type, and Pops I see as maybe a Blue Tick Hound kinda guy. :D