The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 185 Posts
tested the new one last night and this morning

not a great skinner , its too sharp inc the tanto angle bit that digs in still good but need to take care skinning , but cutting off feet and such , like butter eh , very impressed

I have about 10 pocket knives that I will alternate through day to day. Lately though I have taking my S&W HRT more than anything else. It just fits in my pocket and the forefinger opening is lighting fast. I use my knife for everything so I stick to the CRKT, S&W, Gerber price range. I'd never forgive myself if I bent a blade on a Spyderco, on a S&W, I still get frustrated with myself, but I know i go to the store and repklace it without to much out of pocket.

Benchmade 154CM, looks like this:

$100 at the PX, had to replace my last one I lost in the river last year cleaning fish. oops. Won't be using this one for fish! cripes they're expensive.

Benchmade Locking Folder
Carried a lot of pricer knives over the years but the Benchmade
makes the others take a back seat.

Mostly i use my buck in the holster or my kbar. both real strong and fit my hand well.

Case trapper with carbon steel blades.

Hey, I got that same exact knife; still goes with me every hunting trip as my primary skinning knife for deer. Bit small for elk but works fine on whitetails and blacktails.

been using it for about 15 years now, guessing yours has a lot more mileage on it though, one of my mainstays for folding knives.

Hey, I got that same exact knife; still goes with me every hunting trip as my primary skinning knife for deer. Bit small for elk but works fine on whitetails and blacktails.

been using it for about 15 years now, guessing yours has a lot more mileage on it though, one of my mainstays for folding knives.
Only had this one for a couple of years. My last one I had for about 20 years and had abalone slabs. I lost it some kinda way. Priced a new one and decided I didn't need the abalone after all.:D

I carry 2, prevviously 3. I carry a Gerber paraframe that I found open under the seat of an old jeep I bought and found I liked it better than others I have spent money on and a victorinox classic sd swiss army, actually 2 sd's because there is one on my keychain too. I used to carry a case too but it fell out of my pants when I wore a suit one day. Not sure why I carry so many but it is a habit.

picked this up today, while not my every day carry, it is now my every hunting day carry knife, woo hoo!

has a fire starter, knife sharpener (and a freakin' whistle? ha! that one took me by surprise, I suppose it could come in handy. never needed a whistle myself but hey...)

going to make a better sheath for it, the one that comes with it isn't that great; the kidex portion is very nice though, it is held to the soft part with two velcro straps.

I hope to be carving up some elk/deer/bear with this thing soon...

Anyone carry or have one of those Sears 4 in 1 screwdrivers on your keychain or just handy? List price today about 99 cents.

Between my Klien electrical keychain knife and the 4/1 I did a whole bunch of handy things.

Besides a small collection (maybe 75-100? never rounded them all up) I also have desk drawer knives, work bench knives, garage and a bunch more.

Favorite electrical pouch knife, we made them down the mill from power hack saw blades and two side pieces from various slim materials. Over 40 years old, still have and use it!

Or pour a babbitt handle for a great steak or filet knife.

Gerber paraframe. 3"

21 - 40 of 185 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.