The Firearms Forum banner
81 - 100 of 185 Posts
I carry a Kershaw with screwdriver attachments, can't remember what it's called. When I'm outside I carry a cheaper Mora with carbon steel blade around my neck, Cody Lundin style.

Around the house, it's the Kershaw Storm, out for the day it's usually the Gerber Applegate, Fairbane folder. When hunting it's usually the Schrade Old Timer, Sharpfinger. There is always a Leatherman tool in the car, sometimes two, because I have one in my Get Home Bag.
And I forgot, I always have the Swiss Army Classic SD in my pocket.

I have carried a Craftsman razor knife for the last 10 years. I have lost it a few times but it always comes home. I open a lot of parts boxes and cut a lot of wire ties ever day at work. I am lost without it.

I used to carry a buck knife in my back pocket but my liberal boss had a fit when he saw it. I carried that for 30 years.

In the 70's I always carried a Swiss Army knife. I picked one up a month ago and now carry it also.

It's kinda like carring a gun, I always have a BUG. The same with knives, I always have two on me.

A Schrade vegetable cutting folding knife that a vegetable seedsman gave me in the early 1970's. And yes it is sharp, very. Has two blades. One long and one short. Has the word Snowboy printed on the handle. Snowboy was a popular califlower verity back then.

That is one good looking knife, jedwil. I really like the Veff serrations on this one.

Gustav Emil Ern boot knife
Sharpfinger
Winchester [Gerber]
or one-two of many others
Depends on how I dress

Like a CCW, it varies......I'm not prejudiced.

Attachments

Case
Old Timer
Puma

A local hardware store had an Old Timer/Shrade floor display
that was four-sided and about 3.5' tall, and was removing
it from display, had all the remaining knives on clearance.
I bought one, was in there a day or so later, little cheaper,
I bought another, a few days later, funnin' around, I asked
him how much for all the rest [about 50 knives], assorted
and all sizes.....price was too good to pass. I have a 'rooster bag'
in the storeroom full of knives, some I cant even remember what
they are. Shrade sharpening steel, folders, tactical, whittling,
sharpfingers, small bowies,......leather sheaths, nylon......
It was a steal. Gave some as gifts, some scattered around the house,
still a bag full.

Attachments

Schrade 2 blade folder. Looks a lot like the knife Hawg posted a picture of above. Same colored handle a same shaped blades as his.

My Schrade looks just like the knife posted above by AA1911. 2 blade folder and yellowish slabs.

81 - 100 of 185 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.