The Firearms Forum banner
101 - 120 of 185 Posts
I carry an Ontario Knife Company M9 bayonet on my strong side. Best knife Ive ever owned. Skined and butchered many deer, hogs, whislepigs, squirrels, catfish, and gar with it. I got it bout 3yrs back. Paid $156 and change for it. She cost me a pretty penny but I havent looked back. Also I use it on my 870.

used to carry a winchester small folding blade. upgraded? today to a larger folder 'tactical' knife.

didn't need a tac nife.. but it had a green aluminum handle with biohazard symbols that exactly match my sig p238 grips 'zombie edition'

Boker Kalishnikof.
It's kept razor sharp and is for self defense not work.
I stopped carrying this knife. Had nothing to do with it's quality or effectiveness.

But I learned a thing or two about pocket knives after taking a week's worth of classes. I carry mine primarily for defensive puropses and I wanted the best I could afford. Turns out that is a CRKT Hissatsu Folder - Designed by James Williams. It has a blade designed for slashing and piercing. In fact, I can stick it clean through a 1/2" piece of plywood.

When I go to work I carry the CRKT Heiho. Same design but a bit smaller.

I carry an Ontario Knife Company M9 bayonet on my strong side. Best knife Ive ever owned. Skined and butchered many deer, hogs, whislepigs, squirrels, catfish, and gar with it. I got it bout 3yrs back. Paid $156 and change for it. She cost me a pretty penny but I havent looked back. Also I use it on my 870.
You might want to check the laws where you live. I'm thinking that the M9 bayonet is not legal in OH! http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/933163-Ohio-Knife-Laws

Leatherman MUT works well for most everything I need to do daily. I don't carry it in the little holster they send with it though, just keep it clipped to my belt for quick easy access.

Usually I carry in my pocket a case yellow Trapper.I like Chrome Vanadium and carbon knives for carry pocketknives.The Trapper will easily dress and skin a deer in a pinch.

Just wanted to post a picture, or two, of an old Parker I used to carry as a work knife. I've field dressed deer with it twice when I forgot my larger knife. It's retired now.

Attachments

Years ago my Mac tool man sold Parker Knives.I bought a folding skinner,And a nice Texas Toothpick boot knife.Very good knives but they weren't in business long I don't think.I think Frost bought them out and I wouldn't buy a Frost personally.I like the knife you have.I don't recall ever seeing that knife on his truck.Did it come with a black sheath? And what is the handle made of? Joe

As far as I know they are Stainless Steel from Japan, but at one time Parker made really good knives. And you are right Frost Cutlery bought them out. No sheath, and I suppose the handles are made from stainless steel also. Takes a good sharp edge, and holds it well. Closed this knife is only 2 3/8", 4" open.

This one, a SOG Aegis Tanto. It holds a really nice edge.

Attachments

Reactions: gunnut1215
101 - 120 of 185 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.