The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! This rifle was recently passed down to me from my great-grandfather and I am told he acquired this around the year 1900.

Could you kindly help me identify the model of this gun?

We think it might be a Stevens Favorite No. 18 Model 1894, but are not quite sure.

Below are the details. Thank you for your help!

Barrel: Fully Octagon

Sights: Beach combination front sight, Leaf folding middle sight, Lyman #2 tang sight

Serial No.: R803 is stamped under the lever

Barrel Markings (3 lines each):

J.STEVENS ARMS COMPANY
MADE IN U.S.A. 22 LONG RIFLE
CHICOPEE FALLS, MASS. U.S.A.

TRADE MARK
FAVORITE
REG.U.S.PAT.OFF.&FGN.

Air gun Wood Gun accessory Everyday carry Blade

Bicycle part Tool Bicycle drivetrain part Auto part Wood

Wood Bumper Office equipment Office supplies Automotive exterior

Wood Tints and shades Flooring Font Asphalt

Font Rectangle Gas Metal Number

Material property Rectangle Rim Font Auto part

Bicycle part Material property Rim Carbon Natural material

·
Registered
8,369 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
wow is that front sight hard right? are those tool scratches on the tang wind adjuster? sorry just being a smarty pants there.
nice looking gun, i would like to shoot it anytime. i hope the bore is as good as the outside. i love single shot rifles and that is a pretty one.

rick

·
Registered
12,723 Posts
From the barrel and receiver markings it looks like a model 1915 to me too @Hawg I had an 1889 and a 1894 receiver up in the shop and they don't have those markings on them, in fact they didn't have any markings on them.

·
Registered
12,723 Posts
I'm not up to speed on all the various iterations of them about all I can tell you is it is a Model 15. You can verify it by taking off the tang sight, use the proper gunsmith's screwdrivers so you don't mess up the screw slots, that's too nice of a rifle for buggered up screws. If you don't have any hollow ground screwdrivers that fit the slots exactly use a drimmel on a garage sale screwdriver and make it fit the screw. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts