The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST GOT A COLT1911 ON THE SIDE OF THE GUN SAYS SPRINGFIELD ARMORY 200th ANNIVERSARY . BUT I DONT SEE WHAT MODEL THE GUN IS. ITS A SERIES 80. HELP

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
It is a Colt 1911 A1, probably a MK 4, ( Series 80 ). Did you buy it new? No paper work with it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a buddy of mine, father got the gun from a gunsmith, bought the gun new but no paper work. father barrow some money from me . over a year ago so i got the gun for 450.00 what he owed me never fired....
had it tested with my gunsmith. i was told it should be worth about $1000.00 to $1200.00 what do you think....

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I think that if you got it for 450 dollars you should have been wearing a mask because you stole it. Yes, I also think you could double that amount if you sold it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would think Springfield could answer some of your questions. Possibly a manual.

·
Premium Member
34,376 Posts
That gun is beautiful! But it's too purty to shoot! Still, for what you got it for, I would keep it!

·
Premium Member
13,000 Posts
No gun is too purty to shoot carver....I would shoot that one just like any other...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Technically it's a Government Model clone. M1911 and M1911 A1 were the Ordnance Department's nomenclature for the Colt auto loading pistol. Colt dubbed the commercial version the "Government Model".

·
Registered
971 Posts
It's a series 80 from a limited run for Lew Horton. Made around 1994.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one of these I got in an estate buy. It's in the original box with all the paperwork but it's the same stuff that came with all Series 80s. Mine is different only in that it has walnut grips.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Take that beautiful puppy out and shoot the beans out of it while others drool all over your ammo tray. Having a firearm unfired is like spending a lifetime without female companionship, just ain’t a lot of fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts