The Firearms Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Not listening to anything at the moment (except my little black cat begging for treats), but later on today I'll be listening to ragtime - Eubie Blake, Scott Joplin etc.
I love playing Scott Joplin on the Piano. My favorites of course, Maple Leaf Rag and the Entertainer. I am pretty rusty but occasionally a bit of my old brain wakes up long enough to get through parts of it.

·
Super Moderator
38,520 Posts
My wife and I like Alan Jackson Gospel Hymns. He presents the hymns much as in church. Not many recordings as simple but profound as his versions.
Peter,thanks for posting this, I have been listening to it for the past 30 minutes and singing along with it!!

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Peter,thanks for posting this, I have been listening to it for the past 30 minutes and singing along with it!!
We got his CD at the CrackerBarrel gift shop about 3 years ago. My wife is still playing it on regular basis in her car.

Not listening to anything at the moment (except my little black cat begging for treats), but later on today I'll be listening to ragtime - Eubie Blake, Scott Joplin etc.
Might be time to get back into my piano practice. Lot's of fun when you get it down right.

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
I was so scared I put the curser on the stop button right after it started.

Reactions: Alaska444

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I like a lot of stuff from 30's-40's swing, big bands, 50's doo wop, 60's bubblegum pop, 70's hard rock. I like a lot of new country but not much of the old. I despise almost all rap but there's a few of the early ones I like.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Hey George & Sharps, et al....in case you didn't know, Skillet is a Christian Metal Band that tours with Christian artists and with secular bands and they sing their songs, entertain the crowd, preach the Gospel and have altar calls.

They reach a segment of society most folks don't go around. BTW, they are very respected among both groups of artists because they walk the walk.

And yeah, it ain't everybody's bag, but it's one of mine. :banana:

I also have Alan Jackson's Gospel CD. Cry every time I play it. Did you know he recorded that CD for his Mom? What a STUD!!..

https://www.wtsp.com/article/entertainment/alan-jackson-releases-gospel-album-for-his-mother/67-396395360

·
Registered
49 Posts
LATE 60'S EARLY 70'S MUSIC, I think, I was there. It's still somewhat of a blur, you know bits and pieces sound familiar, purple haze and all.

Yes, the good old days. My children asked me if I wanted to go to the 2nd Woodstock a few years ago. I told them that my buddies wanted me to go with them and I said "No thanks". They couldn't believe I didn't go but I can remember what I did over those few days but I'll go to my grave with that information......

Reactions: sharps4590

·
Registered
466 Posts
I like a bit of it all . Skynyrd is up at the top . Seen them 10x in my life . Crowder is good . And I like old country music 70-80s era , 50-80s rock , only rap song I like is funky cold medina , and of course older gospel songs . Like I said little of everything .

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Sorry, but this post will prove just how eclectic my musical taste runs. This is an all female band from Japan and they play Funk. Like 1970's style Funk. Does anyone remember the song "What is hip" by Tower of Power? I'll post both versions so you can listen to both if you'd like.

Up first is Tokyo Groove Jyoshi @ 3:25 mark the bass player tears it up!!

The original

Reactions: TreeDave

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
ysacres......:bowdown: absolutely stunning

·
Banned
13 Posts
Alan Walker. Amazing kid, played around making beats and tunes on his computer as teenager, now he has fairly famous singers doing his songs. I play it when I need to come back down...

101 - 120 of 137 Posts