The Firearms Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Administrator
24,980 Posts
Lately, I've been grooving on a little 3 piece band from Texas, Los Lonely Boys
The Garza brothers from San Angelo, TX
I drove them on tour last year about this time. It was going to be a 62 day tour, 26,000 back and forth across the US. In just over 30 days, the band broke up. I'll never understand it. There was still a lot of money to be made that would have profit.
The oldest brother, Henry, is a friend. Early one December morning, I got a text from him with a picture of a new born baby. He said, "Sam, this is my new grandson, Fender. Now you know my whole family." One brother messed up their whole gig.
Good bunch of guys.

·
The Ole Gun Crank
768 Posts
Really like these guys ..
I drove them on tour last year about this time. It was going to be a 62 day tour, 26,000 back and forth across the US. In just over 30 days, the band broke up. I'll never understand it. There was still a lot of money to be made that would have profit.
The oldest brother, Henry, is a friend. Early one December morning, I got a text from him with a picture of a new born baby. He said, "Sam, this is my new grandson, Fender. Now you know my whole family." One brother messed up their whole gig.
Good bunch of guys.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bob Seger. Lots and LOTS of Bob Seger. He's one of my Patron Saints, along with John H. "Doc" Holliday & Jack Nicholson.
There's also some Mark Isham, Al Stewart, Vangelis and London Symphony Orchestra (Classic Rock) in there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just powder charged and seated bullets in 20-.243 winchesters while listening to "green grass and high tides". Lots of southern rock for me--Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, The Outlaws, Poco, you get the picture!!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Bob Seger. Lots and LOTS of Bob Seger. He's one of my Patron Saints
More power to you! The more Seger YOU listen to means that's less I have to listen to!! :banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: sharps4590

·
Registered
285 Posts
More power to you! The more Seger YOU listen to means that's less I have to listen to!!
I don't really know what you have against Mr. Seger, but I find it difficult to imagine that you abjure ALL of his music. Even so, I don't think there's a law of "Conservation of Music", at least not in OUR universe.
BUT, I'll be happy to listen to MORE Bob Seger, if you think it'll make you feel better! There IS the law of placebo, which states that a thing need not be true to be efficacious, if its efficacy is sufficiently BELIEVED to be true. So, please believe that I'm listening to NOTHING but Bob Seger music, 24/7/365, if this belief gives you a moment's peace.
But HEY, if it's of any importance, I like ALL THREE quotes on your signature line! Jeff Cooper is ALSO one of my patron saints (Don't tell the Vatican. They wouldn't understand).
<scratching head and walking away>

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Brother Kosh - I used to annoy one of my old friends who was also my employer for a while. (we're still friends) He was a Bob Seger Maven, aficionado and or FREAK!! To make his blood absolutely boil I would say BS is THE MOST OVER RATED CLASSIC ARTIST OF ALL TIME!!

I would just sit there and smile at him as he went ballistic about it. He never figured out I was just yanking his chain. Now Eddie Money? He IS the most over rated classic artist of all time!!

Anyone that Has Mr. Cooper as his Patron Saint is OK in my book. Too bad the morons in hollywierd have to be libtards, but hey, I know the truth and it has set me free!!

P.S. Seriously, I have nothing against Seger fans, I'm just not one of them. I like Bon Jovi about as much as Seger and Money.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Back in college, I had some good friends and we were pretty good musicians. One of the gang told us about a band from Houston that was into medieval themes, like the renaissance fairs. There is a big one close to Dallas. The group's name was Arkangel and they made a really nice album (I have the vinyl) that I still listen to today. They even sang a song in Old English which actually sounds nothing like what we speak today, on either side of the pond.

Now thanks to YouTube, everyone can enjoy their music. For those that like to rock, we salute you!!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Bob Seger and Bruce Springstien....two of the worst voices I ever heard. Hate to break with you anything Kosh my friend, and Shotgun but,....good grief, either one gives me an upset stomach and a headache.

Earlier today had on a couple CD's, one with a selection of hits from the early 60's and the other titled "Songs That Got Us Through the War." An assortment of big band/swing hits from WWII. Then played some vintage Sinatra and a "Dean Martin's Greatest Hits" CD followed by Bobby Darin.

I've GOT to get some Gaither Vocal Band cd's....Alan Jackson's hymns would be good as well. Kinda like my Jo Stafford collection which has a lot of hymns.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Super Moderator
25,701 Posts
Sharps, it all depends on the Springstein era.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
341 Posts
No music right now. Just listening to the wind howling thru the trees and chimney from Hurricane Delta making landfall thru South Louisiana as I write. Windows are rattling to any tune you want to hear. Rain going sideways.

·
Super Moderator
38,475 Posts
No music right now. Just listening to the wind howling thru the trees and chimney from Hurricane Delta making landfall thru South Louisiana as I write. Windows are rattling to any tune you want to hear. Rain going sideways.
:yikes:Man, you stay safe down there!!:eek:

121 - 137 of 137 Posts