The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me it's powder. I'm down to about 2 lbs total, with about 1/2 cup each of power pistol and unique. My pistol shooting will have to be curtailed even more-I'm already down to one range session per three to four weeks.

How about you?

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
1. Lead. Although I'm trying to cast my own bullets, all I have is a .38 Keith Style WC mold, and a .45 Keith Style WC mold. I have been trying to get other calibers, but every where I try to order them, they are all on back order.

2. Powder. I'm finding lots of rifle powders, and some small amounts of not so great pistol powders, but nothing that I am using at this time.

·
Super Moderator
28,096 Posts
I'm good on powder and primers. Rifle bullets are holding steady. I really need to restock my Hornady XTP-HP for the 38s and 357s.

·
Super Moderator
41,407 Posts
I have pretty much every thing I need to reload BUT I am having a problem getting the powders that I usually use. I have had to go with a different powder on some rifles and I am almost out of H110 that I use for 44 mag and M1 carbine and my local shop has nothing that I can substitute for it. I have enough to probably load 10-20 Carbine rounds.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
LAPUA 308 BRASS I have a bunch back ordered but it might take some time. I also called SSA as I really like their brass and they told me that they were over a year behind; I think they use most of their brass for ammunition and us reloaders are way down the line.

AA2200 I can't ever find that powder, yet others do, unlucky I guess.

.430 revolver bullets for my 44 mags, especially XTPs, FTX's, any good hunting bullets of various weights. I have a dozen boxes of store bought ammo, just started reloading for my pistols, tough time to be looking for such things. Anybody seen any that can be mail ordered? Yesterday, Midway had 176 boxes of .475 XTPs for the 480 ruger if anybody is looking.

I'm pretty well set for my remaining years otherwise.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have plenty of powder some of it thirty years old. Cast my bullets and have a tom of brass. So it has to be primers. Really don't know how many I have but worried if checked it would be another thing to worry about.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Primers here. Large and small pistol. Got thousands of my own cast bullets. Most need to be sized and lubed. About out of lube. Assume I can get lube but haven't tried.

·
Registered
609 Posts
After 4 weeks my powder order finally shipped. ....I'm not short of anything, however.

I could use some projectiles but it is not an immediate need.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I Have a good supply of primers and bullets. Waiting on powder. DID I SAY I HAVE ALOT OF BULLETS.....XTREME...9MM...40CAL...45ACP. But I dont have enough post to PM or post in the BST. Hint Hint!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I visit the Powdervalley cite often and I ordered a bunch of stuff that they showed was in stock. However, it was not shipped for a very long time. They usually ship the same day, so this is unusual. Apparently, they no longer take back orders. If it is not in stock, you are out of luck.

The weird part is that the shipping e-mail notification is from Fedex.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I only started reloading in late Dec. Luckily, I've got an LGS that is a long time reloader with a great supply chain. I get all of my bullets there and I try not to push too hard for primers and powder.

I have bought from him and a few other sources about 20,000 primers and I have about 30lbs of various powders. Every powder has a recipe for it in a load I make except for a pound of H414 I bought that I can't find a recipe for in .30-06 or .223.

·
Premium Member
19,873 Posts
Can't find any bullets and primers go fast. I was able to get 1000 small pistol primers and 200 large pistol primers a few weeks ago. No bullets yet in 44.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Cheap bulk bullets... though I have more than a year's worth. But my local shop has powder, primers, and fancy Hornady bullets in stock, so I can get anything I need.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
One thing I have advised on powder is this, make a list of all the powders you can use to load your pistol, or rifle with. Carry that list with you at all times. You never know when you might pass a sporting goods store, and they may have something you can use. You might buy something today that is not quite what you want, but it works! Tomorrow, next week, or next month, you might find a pound, or two, of your favorite. But today, you have something that you can work with.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Well, I hate to say this guys but I just purchased my first AR-15 in .223. This is a new caliber so I have nothing. No dies, primers, powder, or bullets. If someone can tell me how to fit a .44 mag cartridge into my Bushmaster I will be stylin. Hmmm, I guess for now my AR is a nice conversation piece. :D

·
Registered
18,036 Posts
i have assorted 1# cans of the powders I use most.. but I'm critically low on projectiles. I bet I don't have more than a hundred or 200 at the most in any particular caliber other than maybee 147-150gr .308 and that's only because I bought a baggy of 100pcs pulled at a show last weekend.. and already had maybee 150-200 at home. otherwise.. on things like .224 i'm super duper low as I cave a couple different things needing them.. 218bee 222 223 etc...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Soundguy, get on Shooters Pro, like right now; sign in and order. You'll have them quick and cheap. They really take care of the Reloading Crowd.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts