What other forums do y'all frequent?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

anchored
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 3:29:23 pm)
    What other forums do y'all frequent?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This place seems to be the busiest of all the ezboard forums I visit, with the most loyal users. But I was wondering where else you go to talk about this stuff.
    I found 1911Forum.com - any other good places? I'm looking for both a great place to learn and discuss more about shooting and stuff, and if I can post a link to my Free .pdf Targets to get exposure for my site without spamming, so much the better.

{ONE PARTICULAR HARBOUR}{Auction45}{Famous Flying Yen Shop}

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 3:44:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: What other forums do y'all frequent?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I spend a lot of time on Parallax's Curio & Relics Firearms Forums, at pub109.ezboard.com/bparal...armsforums , as I know some others here do too.

I also frequent Survivor's SKS Boards at pub128.ezboard.com/bsurvivorssksboards , where my Russian SKS is currently the feature SKS and is pictured at the top of every page!

Lessee, I also visit Alloutdoorschat at www.alloutdoorschat.com/forums .

I just say no to Brand X though.....
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 4:34:48 pm)
    Reply other forums
    A lot of us come from forthehunt.com or brand X as it's referred to here. Huge list of members but it's kinda quirky. I split my time between there and here, mostly reading.

Clouder..

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 5:25:37 pm)
    Reply Re: other forums
    THere's other forums??? Imagine that!

MTaylor
    (1/17/03 6:16:53 pm)
    Hmmm.... ShotgunWorld.com only because I have yet to find the others I suppose.

JackRyann
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 6:18:28 pm)
    I don't like it when my worlds collide.

What happens at the Firearms Forum, STAYS at the firearms forum.
    --44 mag, when you're ready to get serious--

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 7:29:14 pm)
    Clouder.....you crack me up----but I`m cracked anyway!

LTS

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 8:24:03 pm)
    Cracked???

Has LTS had that Swedish operation...gads, I hope not.

GG

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 8:58:38 pm)
    Re: other forums
    Forums? Too many to list.

Got 3 folders full and I try to visit most of them minimally once a day - though some of them are more or less once or twice a week.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 9:03:51 pm)
    The Curio and Relics Firearms Forum,
    The Military Firearms Restoration Corner

(both of those can be accessed through the web ring at the bottom of the main page here)

and Sociedad Largo 9mmlargo.com

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 10:46:36 pm)
    The Hunting Shack (previously Hunters Hideout)pub46.ezboard.com/bthehuntingshack58370
    The Southern Hunting Forums kyhunter.proboards10.com/index.cgi
    And The Bowhunters of New Jersey njbowhunter.proboards9.com/index.cgi

All three are the result of Hunting Net BBS' moderators ticking people off. I used to visit there, but haven't in I'll bet 6 months
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 12:57:16 am)
    www.sig-550.com//boards/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=
    Visit once in a while for Steyr (and other) news.

oldguide32
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 11:40:18 am)
    Personally I like to visit and chat at TheFirearmsEnthusiast with a nice bunch of friendly and knowledgeable guys & gals. Just plain down-to-earth discussion of real world experience.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 12:23:03 pm)
    Reply I just follow...
    T around.....

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/18/03 12:26:23 pm)
    Re: I just follow...

You sure do Smokin!

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 7:33:08 pm)
    Reply Re: I just follow...
    There used to be a gun forum called www.thefiringline.com had 18,000 members.
    It closed down last month. However, they still maintain a searchable archive, which is really a goldmine of information about guns.

Some of the firingline alumni created a new gun board, www.thehighroad.org

Its growing by leaps and bounds, over 3,000 members in just three weeks! Good people from many countries in the world.

Oh, and they have a legal/political forum at the highroad, which actual DISCUSSION takes place without it turning into a pissing match (mostly), contrary to the prevailing view on some other boards. However, they mostly talk in complete sentences, rather than emoticons or cartoon characters, not everyone's cup of tea, I realize

Perhaps some tff members who have been put off by rude comments, and instead are looking for stimulating discussion, could check it out!!! It's worth a look!

Edited by: hammer4nc at: 1/20/03 7:55:19 pm

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 7:41:30 pm)
    Reply Hammer!
    I was a member at "The Firing Line" also...and I like it here!...if ya think they don't like to debate ya here, your wrong(they are opionionated bunch)...this forum has a "sense of humor" beyond compare!...Emoticon's are just a way of lightening up things once in awhile...opinionated

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/20/03 8:44:54 pm)
    Reply Re: Hammer!
    You know I liked TFL and was a member there. I know some very nice people there. THe reason that they have 3000+ members is they moved as a group. The fact that they have 3000 members is pretty good. But, that also shows how many of the 18,000 at TFL were active members that thought that they had a home. I am sure that this effect is the same with every board. Some people like it there( the new site) because it fits their personalities. I like it here because it fits my personality. I like to joke, I don't like politics, unions, and general bickering in a thread. Opinion are like.... well you know, EVERYBODY' GOT ONE! And unlike dogs who think everything smells rosie, I think some stink, but You have your right to your opinion.

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/20/03 9:50:40 pm)
    Not to be too rude here hammer4nc - but if you don't like it here why are you not at that new board? And it seems to be you don't like this board at all by your comments about people talking in complete sentences and the use of emoticons.

Add to the fact you are also resurrecting all the really hotly debated posts makes me come to the conclusion that you truly don't care for this place but merely want to start up controversy.

You've got that right and I'll be the first to defend it but it's far better to walk away when you don't care for a place than to just stir a pot for no particular reason.

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 10:20:08 pm)
    ...(shakes head)...

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/20/03 10:34:21 pm)
    hammer4nc, is it time for a complete sentence?

Maybe an emoticon or 2?

What exactly would you like ?

If the TFF staff may be of any help to you, feel free to let us know

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 1/20/03 10:38:50 pm

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 11:38:20 pm)
    ZIG, you frogot 1

X gets the firearms flying fickle finger of fate award!

Edited by: ysacres at: 1/20/03 11:40:29 pm

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 1:18:01 am)
    Re: What other forums do y'all frequent?
    Whelllllll, now, all I got ta say 'bout the sitcheeashun izz

AND

Now, as fer the other sites I frequent, herz a small taste of som'a the places I goes to when I feelz the need:

www.excaliburcrossbow.com/

www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/TF/regional/threads.cfm

www.huntchat.com/

huntcentral.com/forum/

pub143.ezboard.com/bthefirearmsenthusiast

www.packing.org/

pub50.ezboard.com/bvietnammemoriesbulletinboard

www.gunforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&PHPSESSID=

www.shooters.com/

www.alloutdoorschat.com/forums/

talk.hunters.com/

www2.huntinfo.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 9:34:15 am)

Quote:
    ...(shakes head)...

Now, bein' a dumb Okie an all, I apparently don't know much. However, I do know that the above quote is not a complete sentence!!! (No emoticon necessary)

I was not aware that speaking in complete sentences was a requirement for posting on boards. Is it indicative of our intelligence? Is it a the only vehicle to civilized and enlightened discussion? Clearly, many of us do not find this to be true.

My reason for coming here is to relax and have fun. Everyday at work I am expected to speak in complete sentences, produce analytical critiques and monographs, and be well versed on daily emerging techniquipment pertinent to my field of expertise. I do not want the stresses of my everyday work environment to encroach on the casual atmosphere most work to create here.

I can come here and learn, laugh, agree, disagree, etc....and still have fun. If others want to speak in complete sentences and only discuss provocative topics then I think they should conduct them selves accordingly. But must you denigrate those who want to participate in a different fashion?

If you don't like emoticons...don't use them.
    If you don't want to make fart noises...don't do it.
    If you don't want to participate in nonsensical discussion...then don't

But leave me the hell alone if I want to!
    Open forum...you be you...I'll be Boom-a-tic.

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*
    Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/21/03 9:43:46 am)
    what he said

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/21/03 9:46:33 am)
    I just went over and looked around, didn't feel the closeness of association of being soulmates that prevales here. But to each his own where one is comfortalble.

Also, the TFL guys must have changed their name handles, didn't recognize anyone I knew there from the old days.

Gunguy

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 9:47:41 am)
    If it helps, I think I understood what he meant by "...(shakes head)... "

It's come across to me as a sign of resignation because he felt his point had been made by 'T'.

Maybe I'm reading it all wrong.

Clouder..

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 9:50:11 am)
    ONLY IN AMERICA

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 10:01:42 am)
    Hey, Boomer ----

Jes fer YOU

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 10:39:51 am)
    Say, fellas (and gals)? I've been reading and then re-reading this thread. At first blush, I saw things the same as most are saying here. After re-reading, though, I'm not quite so sure that it was a slam at this site.

There IS another way to look at this. Without regard to what words were spoken, what do you usually mean when you say "...shakes head..."? Don't you normally associate that phrase with the feeling -
    "They don't get it, they just don't get it; it's going right over their heads"?

Keeping that in mind, try reading Hammer's post again and see if (especially with the "winkie" where it is), if you don't perhaps come up with a slightly different impression. Isn't it at least possible that the post in question was aimed more at some of the newer, more politically minded members? Not as a jab, either, just telling them about another site that they should check out?

Now, as I usually do, I will say that I HAVE been wrong before, won't surprise me in the least if I am wrong right now. But I just saw where there was another way to look at something, and figured to put it out there for you to think about.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 10:44:53 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: I just follow...
    Maybe so, 280freak, maybe so.

Boomatic, you bit nonetheless.

Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/21/03 10:47:16 am)
    280. you make a good point, T you made a good point, Ruffitt you made a good point. This is America where you have the choice to pick and choose and decide.
    cointoss2

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 10:57:05 am)
    280/clouder/sniper
    Guys,

I disagree.

These combined with his comments from the Political Philosophy thread add up to condescension and disdain...but it doesn't matter!!!!!!

Like I said: he is welcome to do what he likes...as long as I can do as I like without rebuke for my silliness.

And sniper:

Pfffffttttttt!!!

Boom-a-tic

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 11:02:29 am)
    Hey gang, all he's really tryin ta do is get some of the "deep thinkers" ta look at a place that appaprently allows open political discussion for those whut enjoys it.

Thass all I got ta say 'bout the subjekt.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 11:18:42 am)
    The Ruff has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boom-a-tic

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 12:07:26 pm)
    Reply Re: What other forums do y'all frequent?
    I think deep thoughts while contemplating my belly button. Kinda like "Gee, when did I wear a red flannel shirt last?"

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 12:15:30 pm)
    Yeah, we noze Bob - ya be savin that belly buton lint fer that mangy worm eatin dog of your'n.

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/21/03 1:49:44 pm)
    That ther dawg ain't alowed in here no more!!! Stinks the place up to bad!!!

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/21/03 2:58:42 pm)
    Getting my deep thoughts out is sorta like being constipated, but had my prunes this morning...maybe something will turn up...er out.

GG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.