What the Hail...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (4/21/01 10:33:00 pm)
    What the Hail...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seems as tho I've been taken by a dead-beat buyer. I post an item as a basic auction... Low and behold the thing fetches twice what I was aking. I have'nt received a notice from the auction site nor from the high bidder. I've sent a couple of notices to both, and no reply. I want to do what is right...so I'm trying to be patient. What makes me angry is the asshole outbids a recent buyer of mine and I'm sure the fellow would take it off my hands, BUT... like I said I'm tryung to be patient. My last notice to the dead-beat buyer states that they have 24 hrs. to respond or I'll leave negitive feedback and relist the item.
    OR
    should I say F'em and contact the next highest bidder?

ruffitt
    (4/22/01 2:06:20 am)
    Re: What the Hail...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey ZigZag2 - If it were me, I would leave negative feed back on this dude. You didn't do anything to him, he did it to you!! And it is your option to re-list it or not. Also, you don't have to tell him what you are intending on doing with it. To re-list or not is your perogative. And I definitely would contact the second highest bidder to see if he wanted to make a deal at his bid price (if the price is acceptable to you). No matter what, good luck on what ever you decide to do.

Regards
    ruffitt

Xracer
    (4/22/01 9:24:03 am)
    Reply Re: What the Hail...
    How long has it been since the auction ended?

I've never sold at auction, but I've bought a bunch of stuff on e-Bay. I always sent an e-mail to the seller within 5 to 10 minutes after winning an auction, but one time, just after the auction was over, my ISP went down (somebody had dug thru one of their cables). I was off-line for 2 days. Luckily, the seller was patient.

How about giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt for a few days? Maybe he's had computer problems.

AntiqueDr
    (4/22/01 9:31:54 am)
    Had a similar problem. Gun sold, nothing. Emailed buyer, nothing. Went through the hoops at GB in order to get relist credit, had GB send him email. Nothing.

Left negative feedback, relisted. Buyer emails saying "What the hell?" Told him the deal, he had a story about being out of town, whatever. He ended up buying the gun, though.

My policy is to strictly adhere to the auction rules. I will relist immediately after the buyer's contact time runs out if I haven't heard anything.

Purveyor of Fine Firearms to the Enlightened Few
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Zigzag2
    (4/22/01 9:49:57 am)
    Hey guys... it's been 4 days with letters to the auction site and the buyer... I did get a response from the auction site stating that I should update my profile to make sure they had my correct e-mail address. And still no response from the buyer!

ruffitt
    (4/22/01 8:04:00 pm)
    ZigZag2 - From reading your first post here, I thought that the time frame you indicated was greater that what it actually is. Anyhow, normal auction rules are that the buyer contact the seller within 72 hours of the close of an auction. It is apparent that this time frame has passed, so you have no obligation to the bidder. However, if you so choose, you can extend the bid winner's response time for as long as you see fit. I'd give him 48 hours after your last communication with him to respond. No answer - no deal, and I'd get ahold of the next highest bidder.. Hope things turn out O.K. for you.
    ruffitt

Kdubya
    (4/22/01 9:45:37 pm)
    See my comments on this subject to Bob in Feedback Forum ".....Crappy & Rusty"
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

Zigzag2
    (4/22/01 10:02:35 pm)
    Thanks.... just came from the C&R post...lol