The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,132 Posts
My guess is that it's only part of a die and the seller has no clue. Maybe from an arbor type or whack a mole die?

·
Registered
17,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I figgered the seller had no clue, and nobody else does, apparently, as there are no bids. :p

·
Super Moderator
41,418 Posts
Yeah, I figgered the seller had no clue, and nobody else does, apparently, as there are no bids. :p
That was my exact thought, too.

When I first looked at it I thought one of those "drop tubes" that you screw on the brass black powder flasks, but then the threads are on the wrong end and on the inside. If it is marked 300 Savage it would be way too big!

G

·
Looks like someone who found something that was gun related and figured HA HA HA IDIOT ******** I will get them and list this someone will buy it.

·
Super Moderator
28,132 Posts
I think I'm going to buy it for the $11.50 just so I can say I know what it's for and now I own it. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
41,418 Posts
I think I'm going to buy it for the $11.50 just so I can say I know what it's for and now I own it. :cool:
I think you should just bid the $7.99 and you might win it. But then, if you bid on it someone will probably bid against you because they think it must be worth something!!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
With nuttin' on the inside, and jes a knurl on the outside, I'm thinkin' it's some kind of bullet sizing die. :confused:

Oh, wait. There's threads on the bottom ID. So, got no clue:(

·
Super Moderator
41,418 Posts
A couple of hours ago, I sent them a question asking if they knew the purpose of it I will post the answer if they respond. It may also show up in the listing under the asked questions!

·
Registered
742 Posts
At first I thought it might a FCD but no press threads, so...... I bet they don't know either. I wonder if it is even a reloadin die at all.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Part of a seater?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think it is the sizer insert for a herters model pecfect sizing die.
The insert is held in the die body by the decap/expander rod.
That one appears plated, mine are just bare steel.

·
Super Moderator
28,132 Posts
I still don't know what it is but I checked the sellers other stuff and there is an Ideal bullet mould up for auction too. Starting bid................. $145.00 :eek:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I sent him a message and this is what I received back

"
I boight it before I bought several sets of dies for savage. It is threade on one end and i don't think it is or can be used as a sizing die But an unloaded shell fits inside flush with the exterior. Could it be some type overall length gage?
By the way, can u share some good 300 savage loads, both cast bullet and jacketed?
Thanks, rudy "

He doesn't know what it is either

·
Super Moderator
28,132 Posts
I sent him a message and this is what I received back

"
I boight it before I bought several sets of dies for savage. It is threade on one end and i don't think it is or can be used as a sizing die But an unloaded shell fits inside flush with the exterior. Could it be some type overall length gage?
By the way, can u share some good 300 savage loads, both cast bullet and jacketed?
Thanks, rudy "

He doesn't know what it is either
Wow! I want to shoot his reloads :eek:.

·
Registered
17,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
>He doesn't know what it is either<

But he's perfectly happy to call it something (whether he's right or not) and sell it.

·
Super Moderator
28,132 Posts
>He doesn't know what it is either<

But he's perfectly happy to call it something (whether he's right or not) and sell it.
Ahhh, the joys of free trade. :banghead:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts