The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I am confused about what should I buy as a 2nd owned handgun. I am between an Hk vp9l or canik sfx. anyone has these two handguns and can give some pros and cons? thx
Buddy has the HK I have the Canik. Both great guns. I prefer the Canik especially with the red dot package, and the price is better. My Canik is now my EDC all his HK handguns are range queens.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Canik is light, accurate, the main downside is if it's a carry gun your going to probably have to go up a shirt size depending on your frame because of the 5.3" barrel.

They're both great shooting. I personally went with the Canik over the price point and because of the red dot package. Either way you'll be happy

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
I have neither.. but If I was looking for a 'do all' handgun.. it would be a 3" ruger sp101 in 327 fed mag or a 4" 357 magnum... maker of choice..

The power range of 327 overlaps 357. Both the 327 and 357 eat plenty of ammo types 357 eats 357, 38+p and 38spl. 327 fed eats 32 acp, 32 short and long, 32H&r and 327 fed.

Plenty for protection.. and easy to plink. IE.. shoot 38 swc for plinking.. and any 32 you can find.. but then carry full house loads for protection.

·
Super Moderator
29,991 Posts
I have neither.. but If I was looking for a 'do all' handgun.. it would be a 3: ruger sp101 in 327 fed mag or a 4" 357 magnum... maker of choice..

The power range of 327 overlaps 357. Both the 327 and 357 eat plenty of ammo types 357 eats 357, 38+p and 38spl. 327 fed eats 32 acp, 32 short and long, 32H&r and 327 fed.

Plenty for protection.. and easy to plink. IE.. shoot 38 swc for plinking.. and any 32 you can find.. but then carry full house loads for protection.
I like this answer.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It often makes since to have a second handgun in the same caliber as the first. If one is for CC then maybe the other could be a larger mdl that has more uses or for open carry or visa versa. Then again if the first one you have is a 22lr or a 500sw then something in the middle may make more sense like a 38/9mm/357/40 etc... If your first one does all you want then getting another just like it might be a good choice.

If your buying it get what you want - only you can answer that question.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
What do you consider "do all?" That could be a pretty tall order, kinda like a "do all" rifle. Asking one tool to do everything seldom works.
Just what I was thinking.

Also, is this going to be another TFF 1 post wonder?

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
And its not wise to shoot a brown bear with a 22 or birdshot either unless you just really want to get its attention.
I like to hunt grizzly bears after skinning a whole bunch of rabbits and then I am their bait. Works well, most of the time, except for that last time. Oh well, I didn't need that arm, or the eye, or my ear. We have extra's ya know.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
You do know that if you put 2-guns together they tend to multiply exponentially right before your eyes. Most of us here all started out with one. Soon we needed a small gun safe, then a larger one & so it goes. This is just a warning & the last one you'll get.

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
I like to hunt grizzly bears after skinning a whole bunch of rabbits and then I am their bait. Works well, most of the time, except for that last time. Oh well, I didn't need that arm, or the eye, or my ear. We have extra's ya know.
Can you skin a Griz pilgrim?:eek:😂😂

1 - 20 of 38 Posts